Sneaking Suspicion

Sam didn't say a word to me the entire walk back to the bedroom. He was seething in anger the whole way. Upon reaching the door he threw it open and tossed me inside. Sam closed the door and stalked towards me. I retreated as he got closer. "You can leave now, you did what he said." I kept as far away from the bed as possible while he circled me.
"You attacked me. I want payback." He was fast and I was at a disadvantaged. My limbs were slow and uncoordinated from Luke's feeding.
"Won't your brother be mad?" I was stalling but it was worth it. Sam pushed me and I hit the edge of the bed hard. He pressed me against the bed, pinning my arms above me. "Not if I don't leave behind any marks. So don't make me hurt you." Sam kissed me roughly.
If he was going to touch me I was going to use him. Warmth left my body as my power reached out and latched onto Sam. I kissed him back softly, my body crawled with uneasiness. His lips trailed down my cheek and he slid his free hand under my shirt.
"I've missed you, Aspen." He purred against my neck, his breath was hot against my skin. I arched my back and pressed myself against him completely. "Then let go of my hands." I whispered, writhing under him.
"I don't trust you." Sam skimmed my ribs with his hand but didn't release my wrists.
"I'm playing nice, aren't I?" I pouted, feeling the urge to feed lessen. Sam let go of my wrists and placed a hard kiss on my lips. His shirt was pulled off and my fingers touched the scars. Sam stopped kissing me and rolled off of me. He slid an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close. My head was on his chest and he was stroking my back lightly.
"Things could have been this nice if you had stopped fighting me." Sam said, his fingers running through my hair.
"You think this is nice? The only reason I'm letting you touch me is because I'm feeding from you. You kidnapped and ruined my life. You hunted me down and tried to force yourself on me. You made me shoot you three times. I wanted to kill you, you took away my humanity." My fingers touched the scars again, guilt and hatred pulsed inside of my chest.
"I wouldn't have had to hurt you if you had just listened to me and stopped running." He laid his free hand over mine, splaying it over his chest.
"You would have hurt me no matter what, that's who you are."
"I don't want to hurt you, kitten. I just want you to be mine." Sam kissed the top of my head.
    "That's never going to happen, Sam." I whispered, not daring to move in case my words had angered him. My ribs ached with the memory of his rage. He ignored me and continued stroking my back. "I won't let Luke have you. You aren't going to be another number, another girl." Sam murmured into my hair.
    "Those women? At that table?" I asked quietly.
    "I believe the term would be concubines. They live to serve and are at his beck and call." Sam answered me.
    "But there were nine of them?"
    "None are a Succubus. They can only be fed from for so much time before they need to recover...or die." He squeezed me closer to him and my cheek pressed into his skin.
     "He can't keep me here." I had a kingdom that would come after me. It was just a matter of time before my advisors got me out.
   "Yes, Luke can keep you. If it's under the pretense that he's courting you. Your advisors would be thrilled to lock up that marriage." Sam sounded bitter but I was too panicked to care. We fell into silence as my mind ran in circles. I was just a convenient meal that wouldn't die. And I was starting to hate Sam a bit less. Neither was good by any means.
    The door opened and Luke prowled inside. "Sam, I told you to take her to her room, why are you touching her?" His face became a mask of calm over repressed anger. Luke was dangerously still.
   "I'll leave." Sam sat up quickly and pulled me with him. Luke eyed me with that silent rage.
   "You fed her too, just get out of my sight." Luke glared at his brother as he spoke. Sam was out of the room within second, he didn't even bother to grab his shirt on the way out. The door closed behind Sam and the mask slid off of his face.
   "You undermined my authority in front of my people. You're in a lot of trouble, Succubus." Luke strolled towards the bed with a savage smile on his face.
"That's nothing new. I'm always in trouble." I scooted to the other side of the bed, ready to run if it became necessary.
"Aspen, I'm not going to hit you. I'm going to do something much worse." Luke rounded the bed and grabbed me. Fear shuddered through my body as he pulled me closer.
"And what's that?" My voice quivered but I kept the fear out of my expression. Luke pushed my hair back over my shoulder and leaned down. His lips touched my ear softly. "I'm going to break your heart." Luke whispered into my ear.
"I don't have one." I responded, tensing as he smiled against my skin.
"We'll see. For now you should shower and put on something a little less grungy." Luke slid a hand down my spine as he spoke.
"Why?" I asked suspiciously. I definitely wanted a shower but why did he care about my clothes?
"I don't trust you enough to bring you back to the dining hall for dinner so you'll be dining with me." He released me with that wicked grin.
"I'll pass, maybe one of your concubines will take you up on that offer." I spun on my heel, and walked to the chair in the corner. I settled in it with a small smile.
"It wasn't a request, I'll be back in an hour." Luke stalked out of the room which left no room for an argument.
With an exasperated sigh I stood up and walked into the small bathroom. There was a bathtub with a shower head above it, a small sink with a mirror on the wall, and a toilet. The only thing on the tiled floor was a small rug by the tub. Towels were in a cabinet that was built into the wall across from the sink.
Luckily there was a lock on the bathroom door. I turned on the water and was pleasantly surprised with the water pressure. The bathroom steamed up quickly and I stripped off my rumpled sweats. I stepped into the tub and my muscles relaxed under the spray of hot water. I washed my hair with the lavender scented shampoo and conditioner. The body wash was blessedly unscented. After I was clean I wrapped myself in a large towel. When I opened the door my stomach dropped to the ground in dread.