Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I have major depression supposedly. I blame it on the lack of owning the Fosters.

  SUNDAY-November 10, 2003

*STEF*

I woke up to the sound of Lena screaming. I shoot up, now sitting. "Lena, where are you?" I screamed.

"Bathroom." She screamed back.

"I'm coming," I replied. I grabbed my crutches and hobbled towards the bathroom. I opened the door and Lena was on the ground, face in her hands. "Love, what's wrong?" I asked squating down.

"Mine flat iron, it broke." She said pointing at it. "The burner fell off." She said.

"Don't you have two?" I asked holding her hand.

"Yeah, but I left the other one at home because my mom left her's at their house." She said. "I'm just gonna have to leave it." She said standing up and fluffing it. "Okay, just kidding, that's not happening." She decided.

"Couldn't you just tease it, then curl it in loose loops?" I suggested.

"Since when are you so keen on hair?" She said and looked over.

"I know things that you don't know that I know." I said smiling.

"What?" She asked.

"Forget it." I said and leaned forward. I pecked her lips, but as I was moving back she grabbed my back and pulled me towards her. We hobbled out of the bathroom, me jumping on one foot since I had left my crutches on the bathroom floor. I fell on the bed and she began kissing my neck. "Mmmm, Lena, love." I said.

"Ya know my favorite thing about you?" She asked me.

"No what's that?" I asked now looking straight into her eyes.

"That I'll never have to wonder if I'll need another." She told me.

"Awwww, oh my God. That's so sappy." I said smiling. "I guess it's my turn." I said.

"I think so." She told me. I started thinking.

"Hmmm." I said, still thinking. "That you raise me up to more than I can be." I shrugged. "I know, not as sweet and sentimental as your's." I said.

"But it actually kinda was." She said.

"That's why I love you, because I couldn't be able to go a day without you." I said smiling. She put her lips back on mine. "I love you." I whispered.

*LENA*

"I can't believe we had such a short trip." She said.

"It's all good," I assured her placing my hand on her thigh. "I was with you, without children, without worries."

"Wow, why are you so good at talking?" She asked me. I started laughing.

"It's just what I do." I said. "You've got the looks of this relationship, I've got the talking."

"Ha! You got that right. I am a hottie." She said running her hand through her hair. "Definetly." I laughed again. "What can I say? I do have the looks of a super model." She said and opened the mirror in the visor. "Oh, yep. There she is. Hey hot stuff." She said to herself.

"Stop!" I said and hit her arm.

"Don't hit the hot blonde in the passanger seat," She directed. I looked back at the road and chuckled.

"K, sorry hot stuff." I said.

"That's me." She said. 

"I know, I've always known." I replied and squeezed her thigh.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you, hottie." I told her.

*STEF*

I feel soft lips land on mine. "Mmmm." I moaned. I opened my eyes and Lena was there smiling. 

"We're home, gorgeous." She said. I am now smiling. "I'll carry you in." She told me. I looked at the clock, 9:34. The kids were asleep by now. Lena opened my car door and the crisp air hit me. I rubbed my arms and Lena put her jacket over me. She leaned over my lap and unbuckled me. She slid her hand under my thighs. She wrapped her other hand around the small of my back. She pulled me out of my seat and walked towards the door. I wrapped my arms around her neck. When she got to the door, I put my forehead on hers.

"You didn't have to do this." I said.

"I know, I wanted to." She replied. I moved my lips to hers and she smiled. Still in her arms, I slid my hand into her back pocket on her jeans and bit my bottom lip. I pulled her house key out and put it into the keyhole. She kicked open the door and started up the stairs, when we got to our room, she lay me on the bed softly. 

"Thank you, love." I said with a warm smile.

"Of course, babe." She said to me. I fell asleep soon after that.