Chapter 16

Disclaimer: I don't own the Fosters. Duh!

Note: I used names of people I know, (past teacher in this case) so yeah, it's actually NOT a weird name if you know her...

         Wednesday-November 20, 2003

*STEF*

"Mommy! I'm home!" A voice yelled in from the garage. Little feet came stomping into the house.

"Hello, handsome!" I replied to Jesus. "How was school?"

"Pretty good. Mrs. Zamborsky gave us candy during our test."

"Well that was nice of her!" I exclaimed. "Why don't you boys go do your work with Mama in the kitchen and I'll talk to Mariana in the living room." I looked over at Mariana who had a worried look on her face, but she followed me into the room and sat down on the couch. "I wanna talk about your grades." 

"What about them?" She asked innocently. We continued this conversation until I realized it was already 4:30. 

"Why don't you go do your homework." I directed. She nodded and shuffled into the kitchen. "Lena!?" I called into the other room.

"Coming!" She yelled back. Once she entered she said, "What's up? What did she say?"

"Look, it's nothing. And honestly she's the smarter twin. I mean come on we all know that." I said.

"Did you ever go to your dads?" She asked.

"Yeah, I brought him Chick-fil-A but he had already put the salsbury steak in the oven," I said and shivered. "So I ended up eating it." I, then, moved in for a kiss slowly, and she grabbed my waist and moved me in closer. "Do you ever think it's wrong... ya know, what we're doing. Two women loving each other?"

"Stef, you don't actually think that," She told me.

"But I do. I mean my dad, he hates me because of this." I said. "He used to be my biggest supporter."

"Do you honestly care what he thinks?" She asked me.

"I mean I don't know, but I've been 'Daddy's Little Girl' since the minute I was born." I said. "I was what he called, 'The Miracle Child'. I know you don't know this, but I had a 1/12 chance living, Lena."

"Look, you're right, I didn't know that and really the 4 people who love you the most are in this house." She said. "That's the only thing you really need to remember." 

"Doubt it." I said. "I'm practically dead to everyone. Johnny hates me for ruining his relationship. My mom hates me for yelling in the hospital with everyone around. My dad hates me because of this. Mike hates me because of this. Jenny probably hates me for some unknown reason. Roberts hates me because I complained about being partnered up with Mike."

"These four people don't hate you and every single one of us would be devestated if we, God forbid, lost you or let alone never had you." She told me and put her hands on my legs. "Kids?" She called into the other room. 6 little feet came in.

"Lena..." I said under my breath, but she ignored me and continued talking.

"Can you guys sit down in those 3 spots?" She asked and they obeyed. "Mommy is sad and she doesn't think anyone loves her and I know that all 3 of you could give her reasons for being wrong, so that's what I would like you to do."

"I'll go first," Brandon piped in. "Mommy, you're my best friend and you are the best because you listen to my piano playing and you play action figures with me and you take me to the batting cages. And I know you only make me wear a seat belt in the car and a helmet at the cages because you love me and I love you even more for that. I don't want you to think that no one loves you because you'll be wrong and remember I'll always love you." I opened my arms as tears began to roll down my cheeks.

"Thank you, B." I whispered into his ear as soon as he fell into my arms.

"I'll go next," Mariana said and half raised her hand. "Stef, I mean Mommy, you are the first foster mom that I felt like I could trust. You didn't make me nervous even though the boom boom {gun} scares me a lot. I wouldn't want to be in a different house with different people. I finally feel wanted, ya know? A long time ago, I stopped being your 'Foster daughter'. I was 'Your Daughter'. And that was after 2 or 3 months of coming here. I love you more than Lexi, but don't tell her." She giggled. Lena and I joined in. The tears were pouring down my face now and she ran over and jumped into my arms.

"Thank you. I love YOU more than Lexi." I told her. "Tu son mi luz del sol." She looked back at me and smiled.

"I know what that means." She said, still sitting in my lap and began smiling.

"Oh! You do now?" I asked grinning and she nodded.

"Hey, do I get a chance to tell Mommy why she's wrong?" Jesus asked.

"Take it away." Lena said.

"Okay," he began. "So, Mommy, you're wrong because you make me happier than any of my other foster moms have. You make me laugh, you were the nicest one in the Station and you made me feel wanted and like I actually belonged somewhere. And please don't ever, ever, ever think anything else because all 4 of us love you more than you even think."

"Wow, guys," I said wiping away my tears. "You have absolutley proved me wrong." I admitted.