Chapter 13

Disclaimer: I'm not going to lie. The Fosters STILL doesn't belong to me.    

       SUNDAY-November 17, 2003

*LENA*

I woke up on my own this morning, expecting Stef's lips on my neck and her arms around my waist. Neither came. Then it hit me, Stef wasn't coming home until tomorrow. I sighed and sat up. Mariana came through the door and sat on the bed next to me. "What does" She began. Now studdering she said. "'Tu son mi luz del sol' mean?"

"That means 'You are my sunshine.' Why?" 

"Mommy whispers that to me before I go to bed. I was just wondering." She said. "I miss Mommy. When is she coming home?"

"Tomorrow morning, sweets." I said. "I miss her too."

"If you guys kiss when you see each other, do you think you could do it in here?"

"Sweetie, listen. Mommy and I can kiss whenever, where ever we want. If we want to kiss on the couch, we can kiss on the couch."

"Why am I the only one getting this talk?" She complained.

"Oh no, you're not. I already talked to Brandon about this." 

"Jesus?"

"Nope, Jesus hasn't showed much concern." I responded. My phone started ringing. Saved by the bell, I thought to myself. "Hello?"

"I have a question."

"Who is this?" I asked jokingly.

"Stefanie Marie Foster. Is this Lena Elizabeth Adams?" 

"Yes it is. The love of your life." I responded.

"When we're in public, why do you pull away when I go to hold your hand? When I say I love you out in public, you don't say I love you too. Why? Do you have different feelings? Do I embarrass you?"

"Stef, babe, no! Of course I don't have different feelings. And no way! You don't embarrass me. It's just that there's usually 4 strong white men that give us mean looks. I don't want us to get hurt."

"I can take them." She said.

"No, it's just I can't watch you get hurt because of me." 

"I won't get hurt."

"If they pull a gun, you could get hurt. Fatally." I reminded her.

"It won't happen."

"I'm not going to say it, I'm not going to hold your hand."

"I'm not going to love you." She said. "Bye."

"Stef! Please no. Don't do this! You know I love you. I just don't want you to get killed." I screamed. "Stef!" But the phone clicked. She just hung up on me, I thought to myself. I looked up and all three kids were standing there.

"Mommy. Killed?" Jesus said. 

"No! No! No! She's fine. We just got into a small fight." I said.

"If you said killed, it was not small." Mariana said.

"She's not going to get killed."

"Then why would you say that?" Brandon asked.

"Only because the fight was about something that could get us both killed. We couldn't do that to any of you or each other. Just a small disagreement."

*STEF*

Did I really just say I'd stop loving Lena? Of course I didn't mean it. Lena is my world and I couldn't imagine a day without her. I picked up the phone and called her again. "Lena, love, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too." I said. "The kids now think you're gonna get killed. I'm doing a great job with these 3 by myself."

"Sounds like it." I chuckled. "But listen, you know I absolutley adore you. You know I could never stop loving you."

"And you know I love you no matter what, I just could never watch you get hurt because of me."

"It's ok babe, maybe we could just go to one of those gay night clubs." I said laughing.

"Ohhh! Like the Paper Moon?" She asked.

"I was joking. You know I don't dance. Ever."

"We'll see about that."

"Lena, don't you dare." I warned.

"Just get ready." She told me.

"You'll pay. You'll play with-."

"Sex." We said at the same time. We both started laughing. "I love you." We both said at the same time, we continued laughing until it hurt.