2

Hitori....I'm going to have to get used to this name. It is not an unusual name, but I am used to being referred to much different things. I guess it's because of the job that I had. After all, I didn't have anything else to live for so I guess I can't really blame them for not giving me something pacific to be called.

Something about my height suddenly ran into me. I stood my ground and pulled the map from in front of my face. Since I had not analyzed the whole village I do not know where anything is. It does not help that people run into me. I looked at the ground, seeing a blonde haired male. He seemed around my age. Fear flashed through his eyes, I think he was waiting for me to strike him. It seems he had not gotten a 'normal' life as I am told. What really is normal, though? Not one person I have met since coming here had a normal life. I need to stop rambling, the child is still in front of me.

"Hello." I said, my voice not showing any emotion. I'm going to have to learn some of these emotions. It shouldn't be very hard.

The blonde blinked and sat up. I held a hand to him and he took it, pulling himself up. A grin spread across his face. Happiness. I am sure it is mostly false happiness, but that is fine. That is the expression you make from happiness. He held a hand out for me and I stared at it. Why is he doing that? He reached for my hand and put it in his. He shook my hand violently.

"Hi! I'm Naruto Uzumaki and I'm going to be the next hokage!" He shouted. I nodded. A hokage is most likely a leader. That old man should be the leader, from my guess. I could be incorrect.

"I am Hitori Janai." I stated. I removed my hand from his and started walking away. Footsteps followed after me and the blonde was soon walking next to me.

"Hey, why do you look so beat up?" He asked, innocence clear in his voice after we had been walking, me checking the map every so often.

"Because I was beat up." I put simply. It was true. I'm going to have to perform medical jutsu on my arms and legs so most of the cuts and bruises will fade away. I turned my head and looked at Naruto, seeing that he had his face scrunched in confusion.

"But why?" He question once again.

"Because-" I was cut off when I realized that my new home was in front of me.

That was much quicker than I thought it would be. I took the key from my pocket, putting it in through the door's hole. The door opened when I twisted he key in a certain way. I stepped into the small living place. It was much bigger and decorative than my cell. I put the map down, along with the bag of coins. I started removing my clothes, when suddenly there was a yelp. I turned back to the still open door, seeing that Naruto was still standing there, a red color covering his face.

"You don't just change in front of people!!" He shouted, pointing his fore finger at me. I blinked, processing the information.

"Ok." I said shortly, moving into the room that I suppose was in my possession now. It had a bed, a large wooden box that had handles, and a smaller version of the wooden box next to my bed. I removed the rest of my clothing and walked to a door that was in my room. I opened it, showing a bathroom, I'm guessing. I have not seen a real bathroom in years, so I believe that I will have to test everything out so I can understand how everything works.

t i m e s k i p - after the half hour of testing everything out.

I stepped out of my room, seeing that Naruto was sitting on one of the chairs in the main room. He looked like he was about to fall into sleep. He heard my footsteps, his head snapping in my direction. I do not understand why he is still here, shouldn't he have guardians?

"Where are your guardians? Why are you still here?" I asked. His face fell from his usually happy expression to a depressed one. That is the right word I believe. His head turned away from me and he slouched in his seat.

"I don't have any...." he mumbled, still audible for me. I took a seat next to the blonde.

"We have something in common." I blurted, leaning my head back. I can't give to much away, now that I think about it. The faces that were shown when I was speaking with the hokage, showed that they do not want me to tell just anyone about where I am from or what has happened to me. I heard shuffling, making me snap out of my rambling trance. Naruto was staring at me with wide eyes.

"Y-you don't have any either?!" He yelled, asking a question that had an obvious answer.

"Obviously. If I had parents, where would they be right now?" I asked him back. Realization seemed to show on his face and he chuckled nervously. I believe I am catching on to emotions rather quickly. Learning quick is how you survive, however.

We talked a bit more, letting me learn about his past. Whenever he would ask about me, I would turn the subject around without him noticing. Either way, I think I was enjoying his presence. His aura is rather bright, contrasting with mine. He would be a good companion, from what I have gathered. He is bound to be a good fighter some day. Sooner or later, he will realize he knows little to nothing about me, and I will have to tell him about my past. That will be when the time is right.

I noticed the room had gotten considerably darker, meaning it was night fall. We have been conversing for a long anoint of time, it seems.

"Naruto, shouldn't you be going?" I asked. He looked outside and he jumped from his seat.

I watched him grab his jacket and run out the door. Well, almost run out the door. He stopped in his tracks when he was in the middle of the door frame. Spinning on his heel, he came to me, wrapping his arms around my body. I blinked. What is this? I decided it would make sense to copy his actions.

"Hey...we're friends right?" He softly asked.

"What is a friend?" I asked.

"Someone you talk to. Someone you can count on. Someone you like being around. I think. I don't really have any so I'm guessing here." He said.

"Then we will find out together, yes?" I asked him, letting him go. He let me go soon after. His eyes widened.

"You're smiling!" He shouted. I relaxed my face and he whined. "Well, anyway, see ya later!"

I waved to him as he went out of my door. I closed and locked it. After I did that I headed into my room, laying down on the bed. I know I'm not going to sleep, so I'm just going to lay here until the sun rises. Or maybe I could start healing some cuts and bruises. That is probably a better use of my time.

---------------------
Yep, second chapter.