41

I finally made it to the academy, seeing that they haven't even noticed that the village was being destroyed. I stopped in front of Iruka, him looking absentmindedly through me.

"Iruka." I called, watching him snap out of his dazed state. He shook his head and looked at me. "Something is happening and we need to get to safety."

"Wait why? What's going on?" He asked, standing up. I nodded and I felt someone tug on my pant leg. I turned my head and looked down to see that it was one of the kids that follow Konohamaru. I didn't bother to remember his name.

"Did something happen?" He asked. He sniffed up the snot coming from his nose and the others in his class followed him and came up to me.

"I told you guys to do ten laps!" Iruka yelled, turning to his students. How could he be thinking of that? They could all die at any moment. Before the class could answer I made hand signs, finally figuring out a way to keep all of them safe.

"Chikyū no sensuikan*!" I said, the ground swallowing all of us. Once we were 10 meters underground I stopped the jutsu. Everything was dark and the kids were freaking out. I could feel at least five of them clinging to me. Creating more seals, fire was created into my hand. They stopped screaming and running around to look at me. I put the fire near my bag and rummaged through it before taking a scroll out. With a few lamps from the scroll, I set them hanging on the walls so everyone could see clearer.

"The village is under attack. You will all be safe down here, hopefully. I will come back later." I said, creating a hole to the back to the surface and shooting myself up above ground level.

When I had made the first signs, I had included all the classes. I'm sure that they already know why. I've put the teachers in as well, so they should be fine. I made my air element sword and jumped onto the roof of a building. The snakes were causing havoc. I started making my way across the rooftops to the fighting zone, seeing one of Jiraiya's roads jump into a snake. I flipped onto one of the snake heads and swung my arm down on its neck. A ripping sound was created as the head of the snake was cut through by my elemental sword.

The body kept moving around so I quickly jumped onto Jiraiya's toad. He looked away from Ibiki and to me, grinning. "In late aren't I?" He asked, scratching the back of his head. I only nodded. I felt around for any familiar chakra signatures, the first being Kiba and hinata, then it was Sakura and Naruto. I jumped and ran to Naruto's direction. As I was running, for a while, I noticed a slowly fading chakra. It's slightly familiar and I suppose I could go to it. I made my way to the spot and found Shino. I crouched down next to him and put a hand on his back.

He is poisoned. I flipped him onto his back and sat on my knees, forming hand signs, once again, and finally stopped at one. "Hīru: Poizunrirīsu*" I mumbled as my chakra was drained more from all the Jutsus in one day. I placed my hand on his chest and watched it go through him. I brought my hand back out, letting me see a purple substance that I through behind me. I took out the poison from his system. I didn't know he had opened his eyes until a hand was put on my shoulder. I blinked and noticed that his face was now facing me. I am going to assume he is looking at me since I can't see his eyes.

"Thank you." He said as he stood up. I stood up after him, catching his falling body when his legs finally gave up on him.

"I may have removed the poison from your body, but it has still taken damage from it." I commented. My response was a grunt. I made the teleporting hand sign, appearing in a cloud of smoke in the hospital. The woman at the font desk jumps and focused on me, then on Shino. "Take care of his poison wounds." I said as she took him from my grasp. I teleported back and panted, my hands on my knees. Looking after other people instead of killing them for being useless is much harder than I thought it would be. It uses up double the amount of chakra.

Running to where I could feel Gaara's chakra, they finally came into view. Gaara was heading to Sasuke. Sakura was too stunned to move. I pulled chakra to my feet and jumped, right in front of Gaara's attack. Only a split second before he could touch Sasuke, I had moved him out of the way and was put in his place. The only thing I could think of while I was crashing through the trees, was how much I should train after this. I could hear people calling my name and screams. All of the voices are moving together and it's hurting my head. My eyelids slowly moved to blink, and I could only make out blurry images. Some of them stayed still while other blurry spots were rushing everywhere. I wonder what's really happening.

After I restore all my chakra, hopefully I'll find out. If I wake up after this, anyway. Sasuke is still alive so that's good. I can't believe I am thinking all of this in the maybe 5 seconds I have left of consciousness. My thoughts must move really fast then. I could feel a pair of hands grabbing my shoulders and shaking me back and fourth. Maybe I would have lasted longer if this wooden branch wasn't piercing through my stomach.

I'll heal that up when I wake up, most likely in a hospital. Finally, I couldn't see anything anymore and I was left in darkness. I might be dead. So this is what it's like to be dead? It feels like nothing. It feels like I have just let down all the people who were trying to wake me back up. Maybe instead of jumping into the attack I could have just jumped with Sasuke in my arms. Protecting people must stop all thoughts then. Everyone will be alright. I can tell. I'll find out later.

------------------
Wow, I did not see that coming. Did you? I can't believe this. What if this is the end of the book? Bum bum bum...... it is the end. We'll see you in the sequel!

THE END

Jk jk jk. It's not the end. See ya next chapter! I bet I scared some of you.