Untitled Part 2

Once we got into the truck, I realized we weren't going to dad's house. we were going to dad's church. "Yes!" I told myself. then something hit me, I was wearing makeup, and dad did not like makeup.

"sh-" I almost say out loud.

I guess it was fine.

"Where's their dad?" Nick, my step-dad said as we pulled into the parking lot of the church.

"He's at a fire. Amber's still here."

My dad is a firefighter and Amber, is my step monster. yes, I said monster.

We get out and I grab my backpack and already saw people down the hill and playing softball with a little soft basketball and large sticks. It was extremely cold, so I put on my jacket and walked inside and put my stuff in a chair. mom went looking for amber, and I shot outside.

"Bye mom, love you"

I went back outside and saw everyone was looking at my mom's truck. I hoped back in it and said bye to Reagan, just to be a showoff. I went back down the stairs of the hill and found my best friend, Rayleigh.

"Hey," I said nudging her shoulder

"Hey." she said and turns to look at me.

she has a look on her face and I couldn't determine what she was trying to do

"What?"

"You're wearing makeup."

"Yeah?"

"You're growing up!"

I laugh and she says

"Your eyebrows look on fleek!"

I thank her and she walks up the hill to go inside. I watch my big brother (a.k.a my older stepbrother), Garrett, and his "soon-to-be" girlfriend play while others are in the outfield. I didn't feel like playing. My brother hit the ball and I watched it fly. when I realized who caught it, my heart stopped. it was crush, Cody.

I smile at the sight of his muscular arms throwing the ball back to home. he spotted me and look away.

Odd. Most of the time he'd wave.

my thoughts interrupted when Cassandra, one of the other girls in the youth group, walked up to me. she was not a favorite.

"I'm having a party on Friday. .do you think you can come?" she said, handing my the invitation.

"um, I dunno. I'll have to ask my dad. I like how you decorated the invitations,"

that was the wrong thing to say.

she started blabbering on and on about how it took her forever to do the background and to do the names and such. I just nodded my head and let her ramble. she could talk for an eternity if you'd let her.

We finally walked inside as church was about to begin.

I feel a sting and numbness on my butt and turned to look, Cody.