Untitled Part 16

5 hours later, I was sitting in the waiting room in the E.R with a white boot on my left foot, had talked to the people at DHS, and was told that I wouldn't be seeing my dad for a long time. Abby and Little bacon would be staying with their aunt as Amber gets questioned for the abuse and Ethan decided that he couldn't see me like this and that he would go with Abby and little bacon for support and such. I was sitting and scrolling on my phone when I felt the presence of someone in front of me. I look up and see Maddie. 

"Hey. how you feeling?"

"better now. what are you doing here?"

"I came to check in on you. I heard about what happened. You wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head and she took a seat beside me. 

"well, what do you want to talk about?"

"honestly, I just want to go home. If I have to go to school tomorrow I'll be exhausted."

"i'll be right back."

she walked into the bathroom and I could hear her talking

"hi, yes this is Maddie, I was wondering if I could drive Maci home..... Uh huh... yes. sure, of course."

she came out and I was already waiting to go home.

"let's go."

According to the doctor I didn't need crutches so I walked out and we got into Maddie's silver FJ cruiser and on came the radio. she turned it down and said

"I know you're hungry. where we going?"

"I don't know. where you wanna go?"

"this is on me. it's all your choice."

After deciding on Taco bell and going inside and ordering our food, we sit down in a booth and I had already gotten my drink. I slurped on the lemonade and she said

"why would your dad get so mad at you that he broke your ankle?"

"I pushed him past his breaking point. Technical It was my fault, he made me back up and I should have been looking at my surroundings and not focus on being the bigger one in an argument. It was-"

"maci, none of this was your fault. he never should have yelled at you in the first place. He should have given you support from the start and been more supportive. He should never had kept you from achieving your dream. I've seen you cheer, you are the greatest flyer in the school. he should have never been able to drag you down. this never should have happened."

we both had tears in our eyes. I wiped my eyes with my fingers and went to the front to get our food. I walked back and I grabbed what was mine and handed Maddie hers. we quickly continued.

"thanks. I agree but can't seem to figure out what's holding me back from saying it was all his fault"

Maddie nodded in agreement and our conversation was over.