Untitled Part 20

we walked out of the secret library quietly and unnoticeably. I found the book I was wanting him to read, Looking for Alaska, and while we checked them out ourselves, I noticed the one Layne gave me had no bar code or numbers. It was just. . . blank.

"Just shove it in your bag. Nobody will know."

I did as he commanded and shoved the book into my cheer bag. 

"I'm going to the G.T room. Wanna come with?"

I nodded as we walked down the hallway together. 

I started to replay me day from the begining to now, and then suddenly remembered I was supposed to be meeting with the counsellor 4th hour.  

"Layne, what hour is it?"

"5th I think, why?"

"shi- shoot. I gotta go. I'll see you in the GT room when I'm done."

he nodded as I sprinted to the Counselor. Her name was Mrs. Daphne, But that was too hard to remember. 

I opened the door and it seemed like she was waiting for me. 

"hello."

"hey, sorry I completely forgot about meeting up with you."

"it's okay. Time passes quicker than expected sometimes."

"tell em about it."

she had me sit down and we started talking

"so, how are you feeling?"

"okay, i guess."

"so, when do you think you'll get to see your dad again?"

"I don't know. I honestly don't want to see him for a long time. I think we both need time to heal and some extra time for him to think about what he did and what happened. He needs to know why he did what he did and that I'm a human being too. He should have supported me. If he supported me in the first place, I would never have to do this. I never would have to be sitting here"

 I took a long pause and she and I said nothing. I was truly ready to leave and go the the GT room with Layne. 

"well, If you would like to leave, you may."

I left with out a sound. I grabbed my Pink victoria secret backpack and headed to the GT room. Slamming the door behind me.