Untitled Part 5

some scenes may be too intense for some younger viewers

______________________________________________________

I shoot up and walk behind the seats to the bathroom and dart in. tears had already started to stream down my face in terror. I was in the bathroom with the door locked and my hands were on the counter, keeping myself breathing. I replay the experience in my head.

I was outside and it was somewhat dark. I would say it was dusk, but the sun was still setting. I was riding my bike up and down the hill that was in front of our little house and  I looked up and saw a big, old, red, jacked-up truck heading straight towards me, flying possibly 80 mph. I put my feet on the pedals but it was already to late. I remember seeing a flash of light before the truck made contact with my body. matter of fact, the truck never made contact with my body. I open my eyes and I was on the other side of the road and and the truck was nowhere to be seen. I continue to take my bike to the backyard and go inside. I was obviously frozen in terror, because my mom asked me what was wrong. when I said nothing, she let me go play in my room. I had went in there and taken a shower and went to bed. the truck didn't have it's headlights on and there was no way a bright light could have appeared. 

i was interrupted when a knock on the bathroom door was present.

"maci? are you okay?"

"yeah, I'll be out in a sec." I said grabbing a paper towel and wiping the tears off my face and making it look like nothing had happened. I opened the door expecting to see Maddie, but instead I saw Ali. 

"what's wrong?" she asked. I said nothing and put a fake smile on my face. I got away and sat back down. Maddie look terrified and probably thought it was all her fault.

"it's not your fault. I just had a flashback."

she nodded and the pastor said

"let us close in prayer."

we bowed our heads for what felt like an eternity, but according to my apple watch it was only 2 minutes. we went outside and played volleyball before the night was almost over and amber had told all of us kids to get in the car. I said my goodbyes and got in the car. we dorve off and went home.