Untitled Part 27

I ended up sleeping for a while until mom pulled up in the driveway. I hurried up the stairs to greet her. I was so bored I probably looked zombified or something.

"hi momma."

"hey baby. How you doing?"

"fine I guess. How was work?"

"good. where's Layne?"

"he went home."

she nodded as she sat down her paperwork on the table and pulled out a bag of chips for her and me. 

we sat down and ate chips while I talked to her about everything I had done today with Layne and such, until she brought up a touchy subject.

"are you ready for court on Saturday?"

"not really. I don't know what to expect and what'll happen, I just don't want to  go back."

"more than likely you won't. Do you even have anything to wear?"

"probably not. Why?"

"i was  going to go shopping and see what I could find for me, but if you have nothing you can come as well."

I nodded as she shooed me off and I went downstairs after my phone. I saw I had a message and when I saw the name, I had to blink twice.

Chloe  Evans was one of my old friends I hadn't talked to in years. We were friends until she got a boy toy and I decided to back off. She was a nice person and all, but we just hadn't talked and some extremely trustworthy people told me that she called me a couple of names that I could  see how she would  have thought that, but that's not what I meant.

it plainly read

hey 

normally i would text her first, and I would feel like I was annoying her or getting on her nerves, but this put me in sudden shock. why'd she text me first?

I decided to stick with the "i'm-still-that-girl-you-were-friends-with-but-you-blew-me-off-with-a-new-bf" actions.

hey. sorry, just got your text. what's up?

within a minute later, she responded

nothing much. I just thought i'd say hi because we haven't text in a while.

I had to read over this a couple of times. Did she really want to go here? it was her fault our friendship was demolished. 

yeah.  I ended. 

it was awkward. there was so many things I wanted to say. I decided to change the subject before she goes on.

did  I miss anything yesterday?

I laid my phone down and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I clean myself in the warm water and wash my face. I finish and wrap a towel around my clean body. I pull my hair up in a ponytail that was a little damp. I go to put on makeup. My vanity had stuff all over it. It was covered in piles upon piles of makeup. I put on about $300 worth of crap on my face and I look goals. I decided I needed to put on some clothes and might go somewhere eventually. I scammed my closet and pulled out a bathing suit from last year and a jean flannel with white butt-shorts. 

I dried my hair and pulled it into a ponytail. I wanted to go swimming and wasn't going alone....