Untitled Part 12

the day was soon to be over as I sat down with my friends at lunch. It was warm enough outside to sit at our table. I had gotten lunch from the cafeteria and had just sat down with Hadley, Alivia, Skyler, Bailey, and Katie. They were a good group of friends, but sometimes they cuss and talk about stuff I think is gross. However, Skyler doesn't talk about that stuff as much as the others, so her and I are more closer than the others. I sat with Skyler across from me and Hadley beside me. 

".....and then brandon...."

I completely tuned out as I watched how closely Skylar was paying attention. I nibbled on my sandwich and salad and one finished, I looked at Skylar and mouthed "let's go"

we walked over to the trash cans to dump our trays and stack them neatly on top of them. With her behind me, I walked up the stairs and inside to the bathrooms, our hangout spot. 

"so, how's Levi?" I asked. Levi was Skyler's kid. she had him when she was in the 10th grade and even though I've never seen him before, I know he's cute through pictures. When she was pregnant, I was the first person to know about it and I helped her get all her assignments (and ended up doing a bunch of them for her). 

"he's gained an ounce and grew n inch since last friday. I still can't believe he's still 6 ounces."

"well, at least he's growing."

"yeah. I went over there last night and we played with him and don't tell anyone but I got to see annabella and Coby hold the baby."

she pulled out her phone and showed me pictures. 

honestly, SKyler didn't look like she had  baby last year. she was extremely skinny. 

the bell rang and we walked out of the bathroom and walk down the hallway. Once we found our little group, we walked and I just turned into 5th hour and said goodbye.