Tadhana

Drabble inspired by Destined To Be Yours, the song Tadhana and the pillows they carried around that day. 😊

January 31, 11pm, M's van:

"Wag niyo na pong gisingin." R whispers to M's driver, referring to the still soundly sleeping M at the back of the van. "Ako na po bahala sa kanya."

R gets in the van after everyone else has left and sits beside M. He leans on the backrest to directly face M and watches her peacefully sleep while she hugs the pillow he gave her that morning.

He smiles recalling that conversation.

***

"One whole day na naman tayong busy." She pouts as she slips her slender arms around his waist. She hugs him from behind and leans her cheek on his back.

"Ay! Ang clingy po ng Menggay ko. Wag kang ganyan, Love. Alam mong marupok ako sa mga ganyan mo." He grins.

"It's just... I'm going to miss you... So much." M whispers on his shirted shoulder blade as she presses her nose on it, taking a whiff of his scent.

R sighs as he wishes he didn't wear that shirt earlier so he could feel her cottony lips gently brushing his skin.

He then turns to face her and collects her in his strong arms. He holds her close to him and snuggles in the sweet fragrance of her hair. "Ugh! You have no idea kung gaano kita ka-miss na miss na miss na miss palagi." R gently strokes her hair, kisses her temple and whispers. "I love you so so so so so much, my life. Walang mapaglagyan. Nag-uumapaw."

M nestles on his chest just by his armpit which was her spot, her home, her favorite place to be as she squeezes him closer. "And I love you more and more and more, my home."

"Alam ko na." He beams down at her as she looks up at him. "May naisip ako to make this day at least bearable for us."

"Ano yun?" She asks with a little furrow.

He grins and kisses her forehead to straighten her pretty eyebrows. "Sandali lang." He says. After another gentle squeeze and a kiss on her shoulder, he finally breaks free and rushes off. He returns with two pillows in each arm.

"Ano yan, Love?"

"Eto ang survival pillows natin." R smiles widely.

"Anong survival pillows? Paano?" M giggles.

"Etong unan mo, sa akin muna para pag natulog ako sa biyahe o kung kailan may chance, yayakapin ko lang to at aamoy-amoyin. Parang kasama pa din kita." R tells M as he closes his eyes, cuddles the pillow and sniffs her fragrance from it.

"At eto namang unan ko ang dadalhin mo." He adds with a smile and hands the pillow to M who gladly accepts it.

She hugs it tight and closes her eyes as she gently rubs her cheek on the cottony softness. "Amoy Tans ko to. Pwede na. Makaka-survive na ako ng 18 hours away from you."

"Wait. Ako hindi pa."

"Huh? Ikaw nag-suggest nito tapos kulang pa?"

R takes the pillows and sets them aside. He then grabs M by the waist and pulls her to him which makes her gasp. R smirks as his eyes glinted with desire.

"Kailangan ko muna ng maraming Vita-Maines na baon." He says, wiggling his eyebrows as he inches his lips closer to hers and kisses her passionately, savoring her taste, inhaling her scent and taking as much of her with him.

***

R sighs dreamily as she stares at her lovely face. He slowly reaches out and strokes her cheek tenderly.

"I love you so much, Nicomaine Dei Mendoza, my future Mrs. Faulkerson. I knew the first time I laid eyes on you na ikaw na ang nilaan ni Lord para sa akin. My heart started to beat like it was the first time it knew life and it longed to be with you and make you mine."

He carefully leans forward and rubs his nose on hers, relishing the sensation of her warm breath on his lips.

"Destiny brought us together because my soul knew that it was made for yours and at God's perfect time, when we least expect it, they will find each other... We... We will find each other and be together for eternity."

He smiles and kisses her forehead then leans his own against it. "You and me. We were meant to be. That no matter what happens, no matter how long the time or how far the distance, kahit gaano pa tayo magpabebe at mag-inarte, we will always end up in each other's arms. We will always end up together. You are my life, my forever, my one and only love."

M moans softly and opens her eyes. She immediately smiles upon seeing R but her tired eyes fail her and close back shut.
"I love you forever, Richard Faulkerson Jr." She sighs.

R smiles and watches her tenderly. "It's okay, Love. Just close your eyes. Close your eyes and rest. I'll be right here when you wake up. I love you more."

He then moves closer to her and drapes his arm over her, pulling her in a snug embrace then rests his own tired eyes and body with the one he was destined to be with forever in his arms. 🍃