Chapter 8

Adventure of a Life Time  

Chapter 8 

Early next morning after everyone in camp was awake, some was still eating their breakfast, as Steve and David was helping Mark getting off his cot, he was still hurting pretty badly from his bullet wound in his shoulder. However, that wasn't the only thing either; they wanted to keep their eyes on him too. They did not trust him anymore than they pick him up and throw him. 

By noon that day, Lori climbed in the back of the wagon to check on Mark bullet wound. When she touches his forehead with her hand, she notices he was burning up with a fever. His body was shaking so badly from his fever, and his clothes were soaking wet from his fever. 

Lori climbs back out of the wagon and walked over toward her mom and said to her, "Mom, Mark is burning up with a high fever; he's shaking and sweating really bad. What can I do for him, mom?" 

Windy thought for a moment, before saying, "Lori go get a small bowl pour some cold water in it, then use a cloth and wipe off his forehead; that way you can bring down his fever. I hope that that will help him feel a little better. It sounds to me like he is fighting an infection from his wound, that's why he's sweating and shaking right now. But Lori I have nothing else to give him until I can buy something in the next town we come to." 

Lori questions her mom, "Don't you know of anything else I can give him mom?" 

Windy answers, "I am sorry honey, I don't know of nothing to for him. I guess his body will have to work in fighting this fever. The medicine you used on my hands the other day was all I had, plus it would not work on something like that." 

Lori did her best by cleaning his wound, wrapping clean baggage around his wound, plus wiping his face and his chest. By that night his fever finally broken lose, she able to feed him some soup, then he had fallen back to sleep and slept through the night. 

Then early the next morning while everyone was up moving around his or her campsite, and starting back on to his or her journey. That was when Mark had finally woken up, that was when he noticed he was feeling much better than he had been feeling the night before when he first woke up the first time after benign shot. After looking around inside the wagon, someone was kind enough to put him inside one of the wagons. He was thinking about what had happen to him, remembering how he had gotten here in the first place, He was glad he was alive and in one piece because that was a damn fool thing he had done taking that girl as he had, he was mighty glad to be alive. Then all a sudden he really needed to go a pee, and I mean like a racehorse breaking out of the starting gate. Therefore, he climbs out of the wagon, but guess who was walking by the wagon as he was climbing out back of the wagon. That's right it was, Steve, David, and Henry. 

Steve was the first one in seeing him climbing out of the back of the wagon. He jabs David in the side with his elbow as he whispers, "I wonder where he thinks he going to? If he messes up that wound by reopening it, he will think again, once my wife it's whole of him. Then he will wished he never seen this wagon train in the first place, but I image he's already wishing that by now. " 

David couldn't help but laugh at first, "I don't know dad, why don't you ask him, and see what he tells you or we could always fellow him." David whispers back. 

They waited until Mark had both of his two feet on the ground before Steve was asking him. "Where do you think you are going young man?" 

"Oh Hell," He shouted out, before he turned around. "You sure do know how to scare a man shit-less, why don't you. If you have to know I am in kind of a hurry here.... I have to find a bush or a tree I really don' care which, I have to pee like a racehorse if you know what I mean. So if you don't want me to pull it out here in the open for all to see, which I don't think you do, then I will be back in a few minutes, or you could always follow me and make sure if don't run, but that's up to you." Then Mark was walking or could say he was running to the closeness bush he could find, he unzipped his pants with a big smile on his face as he sigh as he began peeing like there was no tomorrow.