Chapter 12

Adventure of a Life Time  

Chapter 12 

Early next morning when Lori woke up with the sun shining in her eyes, she closes them tightly and reopens them slowly. She couldn't believe she slept so hard, not hearing people moving around camp laughing and talking as they went around doing what they usually did of a morning. She looks around for a second, but didn't see her mom anywhere nearby. This was strange; she didn't see her brother laying in his bedroll either. Did something happen, while she was sleeping. Then all a sudden she hears David laughing aloud not too far, where she was lying, maybe a hundred feet away. 

Lori sets up and yells out, "Where is everyone at this morning?" 

David yells back, " Well if you had woken up like everyone else did around here, then you would know, wouldn't you, little sis." 

Lori crawls out of her bedroll, then she runs toward the wagon, where she climbs inside back and began changing her clothes. After that, she brushes her hair getting the tangles out, and then she brushes her hair until it was shining nearly like gold, before climbing back out of the wagon and walking over where David was standing.  

She notices David was talking with some men while walking where he stood. When she gets close enough, she calls out to him. "When are you going to tell me where everyone is at? You do know how I felt when I wake up and there wasn't anyone around in camp? Well if don't know I will gladly tell you. I was scared shit-less." 

David steps away from his friends and walks closer to her, then he placed his arm around her shoulder and whispers by her ear as if someone might be listening hear to what he was saying. "Mom said to let you sleep, because you did not sleep well last night. Something about talking in your sleep as you were turning as you slept during the night." 

Lori then asks him whispering just as quietly, "Did you hear me talking in my sleep? What did I say?" Her face was blushing in a pretty pink hoping she did not say Mark's name in her sleep.  

David was laughing at her and as he said, "I have no idea what you were talking about in your sleep, because I was sleeping like a baby myself. The first good night of sleep, I have gotten in weeks. However, I was you I wouldn't worry about that now, if it was important mom will tell you later. Oh, mom wanted me to tell you, that she and some other women are going down to the river to wash some clothes, and that dad went hunting with some of the other men. I guess they will be back later sometime this afternoon. That's all I know." 

Lori gave her brother a quick hug before saying, "I hope you are telling me the truth about what you said last night. However, you have always kept your word with me when you made a premise to me. However I am planning on telling her how I feel about him, just not now." 

Lori takes a deep breath before asking, "So did mom tell you what she wanted us to do today? I am hoping it's not much, I feel like I have been riding in that wagon for a year if not longer. You know David; I would love to have some fun for a change, like maybe going swimming down in river away from everyone. What about you, David?" She was grinning at him, as if she might have some tricks up her sleeves. 

"Come on Lori let's go let's go and talk to mom and see what she has to say before we go swimming. You never know she might want you do something like, oh I don't know, like maybe jumping in the river when our clothes start floating down the river. "David starts laughing at her when he saw her face, because he seen that look on her face to many times before, and knew whatever she did it was going to be fun. He rubbed his hands together with a smile on his face. 

"Only you would think I would do something like that to mom. "Lori was ridicule her brother, trying to look upset. Then she turns around placing her back to him smiling behind her hand. She starts laughing too, seeing in her mind as they were swimming after their clothes as they were floating down river and their mom yelling, Lori and David jump in there and get my our clothes, before they float away. Of course, they would jump in and get them like the good kids they were.