Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Darrell Spivey

Adventure of a Life Time  

Chapter 11 

Lori was talking to some young boys around her age, laughing and joking around when Mark walks over to her and spoke softly by her ear so none of the people walking by would hear him talking, "I can I talk to you for a few minutes Lori, somewhere more private if you don't mind." 

Lori looks over toward Mark, seeing how handsome and rough he was looking, with his beard that had grown out; also, his hair was getting a little longer. He was just indescribable good-looking man no matter how what he was wearing. She mindful shakes her head to clear her mind of what she was thinking and where it was taking her. She knew that would just get her into a lot of trouble if she weren't careful. That was for sure. Nevertheless, she remembers something her mom said one time, "He could put his boots under my bed anytime he wants and I would not mind one bit." Now she knew she had to be blushing after that thought came to her mind. 

She nods her head toward Mark, before turning to the boys she was talking to and said to them, "It's was nice talking to you guys, maybe I will be talking to you guys later." Then she was walking off with Mark, leaving the boys behind looking like they had lost their best girl or something.  

They walked a little ways to the other side of campsite, when Lori asked. "Mark what did you want to talk to me about?" 

Mark shoves his hands in his pockets of his pants while looking toward the river, when he finally starts to speaking to her, "I don't know how to say this without coming out and just say it bluntly. When we first met, I was pretty rough with you and I did some pretty bad things to you I should have never have done. I wanted to tell you I am sorry for I did to you. I hope you will forgive me and we can be friends, because I really like you." 

Lori walks closer to him and places her hands on his chest, feeling his heart beating so fast and his breathing a little faster than normal. She takes a couple deep breaths before saying in a soft voice. "Mark I forgave you the other day, when I heard you talking to my dad, David and Henry. I can only an image what you have been through, plus, all the things you had to do to staying alive, without them finding out who you really were. That had to pretty bad not having anyone to talk to and then always watching over your back. Now I am just glad you are here where you belong. You know what I mean, Mark?"  

Mark wraps his arms around her waist bringing her in close to his chest has he held her to his heart, as if he never wanted to let her go. He laid his head on top of her head and just breathed in her sweet lavender scent mixed with something else, but he didn't know what it was, but he loved smelling it. 

While Mark was holding her close to his chest, something in her mind said kiss him. He needed to feel that someone would care for him and maybe even loved him if he gave them a chance. She could be that person, pushing up on her toes her placed her lips on the side of his neck and kiss him right below his ear, nipping a little before licking away the pain. She could feel him shiver before taking a deep breath and holding her a little tighter to his chest. 

Mark moaned deep in his chest, as he moved back a step, before bringing his lips down closer to her lips, before kissing her lips. He could tell she wasn't used to have someone kissing her, so this was her first real kiss. Therefore, he slowed down giving her time to catch up. When he felt she was ready for more, he slowly slipped his tongue into her mouth just tasting letting her get used to having someone kissing her this way. 

He moans as lifts his lips away from her lips as he whispers just above her lips, "God woman you taste good, I could just eat you up right here and now. Are you feeling the same way about me? Do you feel what you doing to me, Lori? God woman you can bring a man down to his knees and not even know it."