Chapter 5

Elsa did have fun during the festival. In fact it was the funnest thing she ever experienced. Strolling around, buying products, eating and joining on the games.

Normally as a royal she could never do such things. If she went to that festival as a royal she would just be sitting on a throne watching other people have fun.

         "I'm exhausted." Elsa sat down a bench near them. Jack chuckled. "There're more games in the afternoon, are you burned out for the day?"

         "Heck no! I'll join every single game until I win!" Elsa stood up, fist raised up toward the sky.

Jack laughed. "That's the spirit!"

***

         "Are you certain this is the way?" The prince stopped his horse momentarily as he glanced at the small village.

         "Yes sir." The guard saluted.

         "Very well. You seem very confident about this so let's go." Prince Christopher's eyebrows furrowed before signaling a yell for the horse to proceed onward.

Not long they arrived on the village that seemed to have a huge celebration.

Instead of going house to house they headed straight for the household that was told to have the maiden who looked like the duke's daughter. 

***

A loud knock interrupted the peaceful silence in the Overland residence.

Emilia quickly ran towards the door while wiping some of the water off her hands.

"Hello? Is this the place to find Jackson Overland?" A loud voice asked. The moment she opened the door she was completely surprised to see a castle guard standing before her.

"Y-yes. But he's not here right now-"

"It's alright. We just needed to confirm." The guard said before leaving.

Emilia looked at them with confusion.

***

         "Jackson." Elsa called.

         "Hm?" He answered looking at her.

         "I feel sort of bother by something." She said looking down her sweet treat that they just bought from a food stall.

         "What is it?" He asked. "Wait, are you feeling bored? Shall I go get a-"

         "No, it's not that." Elsa shook her head. "I just feel like there's something wrong. Like something bad is about to happen."

         "Like what?"

         "Honestly I don't know." Elsa bit her lip.

         "Can we go back your house for a bit? I just need to confirm something." 

With a nod they were on their way. Since they weren't in a hurry they just walked. It wasn't long till they arrived. And for their surprise, an unexpected guest.

         "You were right." Jack said admittedly. "Something is wrong." 

His so called unexpected guest gave him a giant smirk. "It's been a long time brother."

Jack just rolled his eyes. "What brings you here?"

         "Is that what you tell your siblings now? No 'I miss you' or something?" She pouted.