Chapter 41

The dukedom has never been successful as before. It was thriving, not only has it become rich in resources but thanks to the new ruler it was given a huge boost.

Although Elsa's past few months of ruling over the dukedom was not as notable as what followed, she regained herself and became the Duchess she had to be.

Perhaps it was the fact that she wasn't going through her lovesick phase that she was able to pick herself up. Nevertheless taking a break from work from time to time not only helped her but even the other people that worked in the castle.

Once a month the Duchess would visit a random village located in her dukedom to check up on. She would ask her people what problems they might be facing and she would formulate something that might help her, using the knowledge she got from the other villages and other people she encountered with she could then give them advices.

There was unity within the dukedom. It was something Elsa highly encouraged within the dukedom and with that unity the dukedom seemed to pick itself up just as its duchess did.

Once in a while the castle doors opens for a few chosen young ones that can experience a day as a royal. And during those times, they would be in charge of the castle. They were free to roam around the castle and live a luxury filled day as the duchess was out.

Where was the duchess? Well, those were usually her chosen day off.

"Alright, so you hold that one and I'll hold the other end." Thia instructed. Elsa was a giggling mess as she stretched the fabric further away, making sure it doesn't touch the ground again.

"Yes I know I know." She said.

"Okay, on the count of three. One. Two. Three." And with that they both raised the ends of the fabric and brought it down immediately, shaking off some excess water and removing some of the wrinkles of the blanket.

Thia and Elsa both laughed as they recieved a sprinkle of water that was shaken off the fabric. It looked like someone sprayed water all over them.

"And I'll be taking that from here." Jack told Elsa as he took the ends of the blanket that Elsa was holding. He then put it on the clothes line and secured it with a clothes pin. He then went over to Thia and did the same. The clothes line was considerably high for both Thia and Elsa which is why Jack's help was badly needed.

"I'm still not that happy about the fact that you visited us just because you knew it was laundry day you know." Thia said jokingly glaring at Elsa. Elsa just laughed it off. "Why do you like laundry so much anyway?" She asked.

Elsa simply shrugged. "It's fun." She said.

"I beg to differ." Jack said as he went beside the two who were wriggling out the remaining pillow cases that were ready to be hanged.

"Uh, between you and us we did most of the work you know." Thia pointed at Jack.

"Reaching for high stuff can be tiring too you know." Jack pointed out as he was handed a wriggled out pillow case from Elsa. He shook some water off it and proceeded to hanging it. Their ranting dragged on until the work was done.

Thia then volunteered to make snacks despite having ranted the most about being too tired. As usual, Elsa offered to help and as usual Thia declined.

"You know she has a point though. We've been trying to ask you why you like doing laundry so much for over a year or two now." Jack laughed.

Elsa shrugged. "Well, I stand by my opinion on saying it's fun." She said. "And maybe it's also because it's something I can do with the both of you."