Chapter 39

Thia woke up early, she had already prepared breakfast for the three of them, knowing the two they would probably still be asleep. The two had a lot of catching up to do after all.

Still a bit sleepy, Thia lightly knocked on the door of Jack's room and to her surprise it opened by itself.

"Jack, Elsa, breakfast time." She said as if she was a mother calling her children.

But there was no answer, so she just knocked once more and repeated what she said. It was louder the second time around.

Still no response so she opened the door completely only to find the room empty.

She panicked for a moment, thinking the two had run away.

"Jack! Elsa!" She called out multiple times as she headed to the front door.

Just when she was about to exit, the back door opened, revealing Jack. He was slightly squinting and his eyes were a bit red, showing that he just woke or at least disturbed and forced to wake up.

"Right here." He replied with a groggy voice.

Thia sighed in relief. "What are you two doing outside at this hour?"

"We fell asleep." Jack replied, taking a glance of Elsa who was still sound asleep. "Should I wake her?" He asked.

"Yes, it's time for breakfast." Thia said. To that, Jack simply nodded and went to Elsa to wake her up.

Breakfast was what Elsa expected it to be. Not as fancy as what she usually has but it hits her differently. It made her feel contented in a way.

Perhaps it was the home cooked food prepares by Thia, or perhaps it was the fact that she was not dining alone. But the small talks they had while enjoying breakfast, she missed that.

She missed a lot of things. Visiting made her realize those. Her time away from what she now considers her new home made her realize how much of a home it was for her.

Sure her stay wasn't as long as the time she spent in the castle walls, but to her the experience she had outside the castle walls is incomparable to any other experience she had.

"You know, if it's okay with you Elsa, you can both visit Jack's family. There's probably time." Thia suggested. "You haven't went there in a while right?" She asked facing Jack.

He pursed his lips. He wanted to say yes so he'd have a chance to go there and possibly spend more time with Elsa, but that'd be lying because he just went there yesterday. That was the reason Hiccup couldn't find him and why he got home late.

"I would love to but I don't know when Anna and Hiccup would arrive." Elsa said, disappointment evident in her voice.

"I can tell them where you went if they ever get here before you can go back." Thia said, insisting the two.

Elsa glanced at Jack who was already looking at her. "Sounds good to me." Jack said with a smile. "What do you say?"

The moment she saw Jack's excited look she just laughed. "Alright fine." She said finally giving in.

***

"Jack did you forget something? What brings- Oh, hi Elsa welcome back." Jack's mother greeted the two with a huge smile on her face. "Come in, come in."

"It's been a while since I saw you Elsa. How have you been?" Emilia asked.

"I've been... good." Elsa said chuckling.

"Goodness me, you've lost weight. Have you been taking care of yourself? You know what, I'll cook a meal for you right away. What do you want to eat?" Emilia rushed to the kitchen making Elsa laugh a bit.