Chapter 8

"What?" Jack blurted out because of surprise.

         "I said you just missed them." Cassandra repeated even though Jack heard her the first time she said it. "They were here just a couple of minutes ago and left."

         "Do you know where they went?" Jack asked. Cassandra shook her head in reply making Jack sigh in disappointment.

         "Well, thanks anyway." Jack smiled weakly before heading to the door.

         "Wait!" Cassandra stopped Jack. "Just remember that I changed Elsa's hair color okay? So don't go asking people for a platinum blonde haired girl."

Jack just nodded and left. A few moments later an unexpected guest went in Cassandra's little hair parlor.

         "Welcome to Ca-" Cassandra bowed instantly when her eyes landed on the prince. "Your Highness."

         "It's fine, just skip the formalities since I'm just here to ask something." Prince Christopher said. Cassandra stood up straighly. "What information do you want to know Your Highness?" Cassandra asked.

         "Did someone with the name Overland happen to go here?" The prince asked.

         "Overland?" Cassandra asked herself trying to recall. "Do you mean Jack Your Highness?"

         "Yes, him." The prince said nodding.

         "Well, yes Your Highness." Cassandra answered. "He was here not long ago."

         "Do you know where he went?" The prince asked once more. Somehow Cassandra felt like the scene from earlier was replaying; the scene where Jack was asking about Elsa and Thia.

         "I'm afraid not Your Highness." Cassandra bowed as her way of apologizing.

She was beginning to grow curious. Why is the prince asking for Jack's whereabouts and not the missing Duke's daughter?

And what alarmed her more is that he was alone; no guards, no escorts and all that was with him was a horse.

         "Thank you for your cooperation." The prince said before putting on his hood and bandana to hide his face. He left without another word.

         "What is going on?" Cassandra asked herself as her eyebrows furrowed. She just shrugged it off then continued what she was doing.

***

         "This should be a good place to stay in." Thia told Elsa with her hands on her hips and a huge smile on her face as they both stared at the small cabin like house.

         "Don't worry we're not sneaking in, this place is old and abandoned." This patted Elsa's back before forcing the door open.

         "I thought you said we are not breaking in?" Elsa raised an eyebrow.

         "I said we are not sneaking in." This corrected.

         "Isn't that the same thing?" Elsa rolled her eyes before letting out a laugh.

         "I don't know." Thia shrugged as they both entered inside.

It was a small house but it wasn't that cramped. Though abandoned, the place appeared to be not that broken. The only problem in it was that the place was dusty. The place not being overrun by termites is already enough to be thankful for since that means the house will not break down easily.

There were no furnitures whatsoever that can be found in the room, or in any of the rooms. The did find a couple of chairs but all of them were either unsturdy or already broken.Thia suggested to just use them as firewood to cook food with and use as their light source.