Chapter 15

"You're being quite clingy today Jackson." Thia commented she eyed the two. Jack was... well... he was asleep. Elsa's lap served as his pillow as he drifted off sleeping, enjoying his time in his own dreamland.

Elsa just laughed at Thia, stroking Jack's head as she stared at his face that was peacefully sleeping. A smile remained imprinted at her face, remembering the events that happened last night.

***

"Please stay." Jack added right after his confession. Elsa froze up. At first she was having second thoughts about leaving or staying, her mind prioritized leaving because of Anna but now her mind can't decide which she wants to put first.

"Jack I-" She paused, thinking of what to say. "I like you too but-"

There it was, the word that usually connects another sentence to make the first sentence become negative. That one word Jack was hoping to not hear after that very sentence.

"But you can't stay?" Jack's voice cracked. His grip on Elsa was getting tighter, just like the invisible hand that was gripping his heart, squeezing it until every drop of hope was off his chest.

"I'm sorry, I just don't know if I can. It's just that, I am the first born daughter and I'm expected to carry on the throne and take care of the duchy or maybe marry off to another royal to-"

"I'm aware of that." Jack stopped her from talking. The more words came out of Elsa's mouth, the more imaginary knives kept piercing through Jack.

"But Jack, I can't just pass the responsibility to Anna. I was the one they prepared for those, Anna was supposed to-"

"I know Elsa, you're thinking about your sister. I could tell that much you know." Jack pulled away, looking down instead of looking at Elsa. Elsa however was staring at him with a worried face.

"Jack, I really like you. I want to stay but I can't. It's not just because of my sister, it's for my father too." Elsa said.

Jack sighed deeply before putting on a gloomy smile. "Well, it was worth the try." He muttered to himself.

"Jack I'm sorry-"

"Elsa." He called out. "If you can't stay, can I at least enjoy the moments while you're still here? Can you, maybe, spend more time with me?"

Jack was beginning to feel desperate, he knew she would have to leave but he just really wanted to spend time with her that badly. He knows once Elsa is back where she belongs he wouldn't have anymore chances to be with her. "I know it sounds selfish but even if you say no I probably will still try again and again until you-"

"I want to spend more time with you too." Elsa held Jack's face, smiling at him to make it seem like it was going to be okay even though they both knew they wouldn't be able to brush the thought of being separated.

Even if it was temporary happiness, they still chose it. It was that or being not happy at all. Sadness was inevitable but the choice of being able to feel happy during those dark times is a chance that shouldn't be passed.

"Just do me a favor Jack." Elsa said.

"Anything." He replied with no hesitation.