five

"Thank you for practice!" I bowed and gave a small smile. I walked to the girl's change room and changed into my school uniform. I took my school books and stopped by my locker to drop off my gym bag, then I went to class. The day was usual, science, English, English again, math, lunch, p.e, math again, social studies, history, then finally home bell. However, today's lunch was a little bit interesting.

I walked to the vending machine nearing the gym to get myself a juice box. I heard some familiar voices.

"Hinata, drop your waist more, and hit it like you're sending it right back where it came from." That sounds like Sugawara-senpai! He's training with Hinata! I stayed quiet. I punched the straw in the carton box and took a sip of my drink, I had a small smile on my face, at least Hinata's having some training with one of the third years, it must me really helpful. Suddenly, I bump into someone while walking, it was Kageyama.

"S-sorry, Kageyama-kun." I said walking away. I pushed up my glasses and continued walking.

I took my bag from my chair and bowed. "Thank you teacher!" I walked out the door and I decided to go take a look at the gym. I could see Kageyama and Hinata talking, then Kageyama walking away along with Hinata.

"Shiruko-san, come with us." Kageyama suddenly said still walking.

"H-hai."

We arrived at the sidelines of a soccer field. The boys started to put on their sweaters. I didn't know what to do so I sat on the grass a little ways away from them and waited. I could see Kageyama hitting the ball to Hinata, only to see Hinata failing to receive it. I started walking over to them. I saw Kageyama yell at Hinata and I could hear him scolding Hinata to focus. Maybe that's his problem, he's having a hard time focusing, or maybe he's too focused, but only into hitting and not receiving.

"We'll win this Saturday, be allowed in the gym, and join this club for real." Hinata said walking to bring the ball back.

"Yeah, you will, but you'll have to start bending your knees more and keeping your arms straight." I said cut in. "You're not on opposite teams anymore. Forget all the crap that happened in the past and start thinking what you will do together." I took the ball from Hinata's hand and walked to the middle. "What you two keep doing is shove insults down each other's throats while everyone else is telling you things that you two can do together. You two ignore it and keep acting like stubborn mules." I picked up my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I put the ball down. "It's either you listen and and trust each other, or you'll never become a true volleyball player." With that, I turned and walked away.