thirty

Shock, fear and embarrassment enveloped my entire body. I immediately start walking away.

"Shiruko-chan where are you going? I've just found you and you're already leaving?" Oikawa runs after me, pushing away the crowd. His long legs reach me before my short ones could get away. He grabs my wrist and I face him.

"L-let go.." I mentally slap myself for stuttering. I can feel his smirk crawling on to his lips.

"Why so vulnerable? I thought you were going to dethrone me, the King..?" His words snake in my ear. My face start getting red. Having a crowd to see this unfold is unsettling, until,

"Shiruko! Where are you?" Kageyama's voice is a sweet melody. I rip my hand off of Oikawa's grip and run to Kageyama and hid behind his back. Though I couldn't see it, his face has a tint of pink that is until he made eye contact with Oikawa. "Oikawa-san, what are you doing here?"

"Is it bad for a senpai to bring his kouhai lunch?" He waves a brown paper bag in the air. "It's milkbread! I would have eaten it myself but I thought I'd share!" after he had said this, a series of 'awes' were heard throughout the hallway. I take a deep breath and step forward. Unknown courage filters through me.

"T-thank you Oikawa-san, it's very thoughtful of you.." I say as I take the paper bag from his hands but before I could even reach for it, he takes it away from me.

"I'd like to have lunch with you Shiruko-san." Sly piece of shit.

"I- um," I look back to Kageyama. His eyebrows were furrowed but once we made eye contact, the tension released. He gave a small nod.

"Okay..." I start.

"Good~ Let's-"

"But I thought you brought it for your kouhais, isn't Kageyama-kun your kouhai too?"