thirty-one

The table was filled with tension. Tension I knew that couldn't be released. I silently ate the bread as I watch the two boys have a glaring war.

"Shiruko-san, how was your day?" Oikawa broke eye contact and looked at me with kind eyes. Shocked by the sudden communication, I stutter,

"G-good, h-how was yours?" I look away from him and discreetly hide my red face behind Kageyama. I felt him stiffen but thought nothing of it.

"Pretty good, well until I saw you, it only got better." It seemed that Oikawa left his war bu not surrendered. My face got redder. Suddenly the bell rang, freaking finally, this felt like hours.

"W-well, thanks f-for the visit Oikawa, we better go." I wave at him and rush back inside pulling a grumpy Kageyama behind me.

-

Turns out Hinata had talked to Asahi while Kageyama and I were gone during the break. Unfortunately, there was no convincing the ace. However, that doesn't mean we'll stop trying to persuade him.

Today I was a little early for practice. Today was an eventful day and I needed my mind off of things. Serve after serve the sound of the ball slamming on to the ground were prominent. Teammates started to file in, some two by two others one by one but nonetheless showed up. Practice went smoothly, Nishinoya-senpai kept his promise with his help. I learned how to do the RoLLiNg ThUnDeR today and it felt pretty good. However, there was still something stuck at the back of my head, Kageyama.

After practice I pulled aside the said boy.

"Kageyama-kun, can I talk to you? It's just for a sec.." My hands were behind me, I rock back and forth from my toes to my heels.

"S-sure." He stutters out.

"I-I wanted to thank you for today, I'm sorry I dragged you into that mess at lunch." I feel my face getting hot."

"I-It's no p-proble-"

I walk over to him and stand on my tip toes. My hands go to his shoulder and I reach up. I plant a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you Kageyama, I really appreciate it. Have a good weekend, I'll see you Monday!" I give him a small smile and walk away, leaving the boy stunned and embarrassed. He'll totally have butterflies all over his stomach throughout the weekend.

-

Walking home was a breeze, i was nice knowing I had no homework and I'll be spending quality time with my dogs for the next two days. I trot on the sidewalk until I turn the corner to my street. I hear faint voices coming from the road ahead. I finally reach my house, only to find a certain cat and owl lounging on my porch.