twenty-four

"Yosh! Hey you!" The receiver pointed at Kageyama, "Nice serve!" He turns and faces me. "You! Nice receiving!" He stands hands on his hips, chest puffed up. Kageyama starts walking towards us.

"Thank-" I start, only to be interrupted by the new guy.

"Where are my manners? I'm Nishinoya Yuu, second year! What junior high did you two go to?"

"My name is Shiruko Kanaro, I come from Wareychi Junior High." I say bowing.

"I'm Kageyama Tobio, I come from Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High" Kageyama bows slightly.

"What?! Those are powerhouse schools! What are you two doing here?!" Nishinoya exclaims. I stay quiet and let Kageyama speak.

"I didn't get accepted in other schools, where did you go?"

"I went to Chidoriyama Junior High."

"Why are you here? Your school is a powerhouse." Kageyama asks. Nishinoya has a sparkle in his eye.

"I went here because..... Of the school's uniforms!" He shouts. Wow he's very passionate about this. "Especially the girls!" Once he said that I unconsciously started to wrap my jacket more around myself, crossing my arms over my body. At this moment, Kiyoko-senpai walks in with Suga-senpai, Daichi-senpai and Tanaka-senpai.

"RyuUuUuUuUuUU!" Nishinoya jumped on Tanaka and fist bumped him. He then proceeded to compliment Kiyoko and finally turned to the two third years and asked.

"Is Asahi here?" The upperclassmen froze. They all looked at each other. The first years there were beyond confused. Suga looked around and gave a sigh.

"No. No, he's not." Suga had a frown.

"Then I'm not joining again." Nishinoya said, and with that, her walked towards the door.

-

"Shi-chan, come on, you have to come with me! You're just as curious as I am!!!" Hinata pulls my arm towards a boy sitting on the brick edge of one of the trees.

"No! This is embarrassing, Hinata, please let go." I whisper.

"Shi-chan!!! Come on here, I'll start it off," He pulls me more and drag me in front of Nishinoya.

"Nishinoya-senpai, Shi-chan and I were wondering..." He hit my side.

"We were wondering i-if you were libero for the team. Pardon our suddenness senpai." I bow a little.

"You're so good at receiving yet you're short! We figured you were libero and came here to confirm it."

Nishinoya burst out, almost crying, his underclassmen were calling him senpai despite his height. With a glaze in his eyes he says,

"As your senpai I will tell you. I am a libero because in volleyball, it's important to have someone to have your back, to have a guardian diety." He said standing up looking proudly. "And now, only for my kouhai's I'll treat you for ice cream!"

"Senpai one more thing! Please teach me how to receive!" Hinata exclaimed. Traitor, he said he'll ask for me.

"M-me too Nishinoya-senpai." I kick Hinata's shin slightly.

"Of course!! Anything for my kouhais!"

——-

YALL THANK YOU SO FUCKIN MUCH FOR 14K READS. IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING THIS LONG TO UPDATE BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT I COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITH YOU.