Say You Wont Let Go By James Arthur

Ashton

I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough

You couldn't go to sleep. No matter how hard you tried, it just wouldn't come.

You tried a nice relaxing bath, a warm glass of milk, and even reading, but nothing worked.

So, you decided to get into some more presentable clothes to wear at 2:38 in the morning, grabbed your keys, phone and ear buds before walking out of the house.

Hopping into your car, you take a couple seconds to decided where you want to go.

Picking a destination, you put your keys in and start the car before driving away.

In about fifteen minutes, you reach the park.

Noticing no one was around, you make your way yo the empty swing set and put your ear buds on before listening to music and swinging in the silent night.

You begin to hum along to the song and closed your eyes, concentrating on the melody that was playing.

"Mind if I join?" Says a voice, which startles you from your peaceful state.

"Uh, I- I guess." You reply, still a little shooken from him coming out of nowhere.

As he takes his place on the swing beside you, you take in his appearance.

The boy was either in his late teens or early twenty's. He had sandy blond hair and hazle eyes that seemed to shine in the street lights.

"I'm Ashton. Sorry for scaring you if I did, it's just that I like to come here when I need to clear my mind." He explains and I nod, going along with his words.

"I'm Y/N. I like to come to this park as well. It's been one of my safe places since I was little. I couldn't sleep, so I came here. It's calming." I say and begin to swing again.

"My parents we're arguing. They we're saying how I wouldn't achieve anything in life and that I wouldn't get anywhere without them guiding me through everything." He explains and with every word he speaks, you grow sorry for him by the second.

Who would be so rude and say such mean things? Especially to their own son.

"Well, I may have just met you, but I have a feeling you're a great person. I k ow for a fact that you can achieve anything without having someone baby you through it. And just know that if you feel like you have no one who cares, just remember that I do." You say and give him a small smile, him giving you one as well.

"I met you in the dark, and you lit me up. You made me feel as if I were enough." He says and reaches for your hand, your fingers soon interlacing.

"Here," You say and pas him your phone.

"That way, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here." You say and reaches for the phone, adding his contact into it.

"It's nice to know that you're here Y/N. I'm glad I met you." He says and you nod your head.

"I'm glad I met you too." You say and soon, you both began to swung, enjoying the comforting silence that the night brought.