The Name. The Guy.

My face was numb since I had it rested up against the car window. I had just seen Shawn Mendes and he told me happy birthday and now Nicole, my mum, and I were heading to a hotel for the night. I woke up from my dream when I felt my phone buzz from a text I rolled my eyes when I saw it was from Nicole who was sitting in the passenger seat. 

Nicole- We're here. @ the hotel. 

Me- So??

Nicole- Wake up sleepy head!!!

Me- Uhh.

Nicole- ha!

    I stand up trying to wake up my now numb legs as I get out of the car picking up all of my luggage. As Nicole and my mum did the same. We went to the check-in counter to get our room. It was now 10:05 pm and the guy behind  the check-in counter was around my age, dark brown hair, deep dark brown eyes from what I could tell counting I was still half awake. I followed my mum and Nicole all the way to our room. I got ready for bed and got into the twin bed which I had all to myself.

   I felt shaking, but I ignored it. I felt pinching, but I ignored it. I felt a pillow to the face, so I grabbed it and swung it into the air trying to ignore it. I heard a Shawn Mendes song, so I hummed along. "Would you just wake up already?" it was Nicole "What the heck do you want?" I ask seeing that it's only midnight "I saw something on the computer at the check-in counter." Nicole said throwing some jeans at my face. I finally got up just giving in since I could never win, when it came to my friends.

   She grabbed my hand and we ran down the halls. We stopped at the stairs as Nicole peered over the railing of the stairs as I looked around us. No one was around us thank goodness. I almost fell down the stairs as Nicole drug me down them We got to a couch in the lobby as Nicole pushed me to the floor. "Wha-???" I started but she put her hand over my mouth "Shhh!" Nicole looked around "So here's the game plan. You're gonna go up to the check-in counter. Okay? Tell him there's a stopped up toilet in room 12B. Okay? Okay!" Nicole whispered as she shoved me to the counter and I was still unsure of the plan.

 I went up to the guy at the counter. He didn't seem to notice me so I played with my hair then I put my arm on the counter kind of in his way. His tired/annoyed  deep dark brown eyes came up and met my eyes as I slowly moved a piece of hair out of my face. His expression immediately changed as he looked into my hazel eyes. "Hey! How are you?" he asks with the sweetest smile on his face "Hi. I'm sorry for coming this late, but I thought I'd tell you that the toilet in room 12B is stopped up." "By gosh! I swear! We have to clean that toilet every three minutes!" The guy stepped into the door beside him and came out with a plunger. He took off upstairs. Once he was out of sight I motioned for Nicole to come up to me.

 She ran and jumped over the counter to the computer. She started punching in a few numbers as I peered over her shoulder to see that the key for room 12B was behind her "Nicole!" I quietly screamed as she looked over her shoulder at the key and let a small laugh out "Yeah sorry." she went back to typing "Aha! Here it is!" she spun the monitor around so I could see. She pointed to a name and I read it, but my brain was half awake so I didn't understand. The monitor read M.Shawn "So??" I asked trying not to fall asleep "So?!" Nicole jumped over the counter "That's Shawn. Shawn Mendes!" She wrote down the room number "Okay now all we have to do is-" someone's footsteps cut her off as she grabbed my hand and we ducked behind the couch in the lobby. "Hey Skylar I fixed the toilet in your room. Skylar?" It was the guy from the counter "Skylar did you tell him your name?" Nicole whispered and all I could do was shake my head. We waited until it was clear then we ran back up to our room and tried to fall asleep.