Ruin

We all finally got home safe and sound and left the worry of dad behind. I got on a tank top and short shorts before I curled up on my bed and scrolled through my texts. I went and took a shower and after getting out of the shower I realized that I had a scar across my forehead "How many stitches did I get?" I yelled from the upstairs bathroom "24!" the chilling answer came from mum "And Shawn?" I yelled holding my breath for the answer "3 They said the rest would heal on their own!" I let out a breath of relief "Where?" I crossed my fingers for a place to were he could still sing "His cheek!" I exhaled again.
I walked into my room and saw my phone lighting up flashing the same message 'one missed facetime' so I decided to facetime the number back. The number was unknown which made me a little worried. The person on the other end answered "Hello?" I could tell it was a teen girls voice "Hello you tried to facetime me?" I asked as a face came into view "Sky! Sky high!" I heard the voice say and immediately thought of an inside joke that I had with one of my friends "High. High ride!" I waited "Ride. Ride by!" the girl said "By. Who else?" I paused "Kat and Sky!" we said in unison "Kat how's it in Washington buddy?" I asked since she moved from Toronto, Canada which is where I live to Washington "Well it's fine. I have a boyfriend by the way." Kat exclaimed "Do you?" she raised an eyebrow "My love life is complicated." I said "Really? How so?" she rolled her eyes "Me and my boyfriend had a huge fight." I whispered making sure mum couldn't hear "Who's your boyfriend?" she asked mockingly "Mack and Brandon's cousin. Shawn Mendes." I said before she broke up and hung up. Then I got a text.
Shawn: I'm gonna facetime you now.
He facetimed me, but I declined I just couldn't see his perfect face right now.
Shawn: Go to your front door. We need 2 talk.
I made my way to the door then he rang the doorbell "I'll get it!" I said coming off of the last step singing One of Those Nights "One of those nights we felt invincible! Yes?" I said throwing open the door just to get yanked outside "Why didn't you accept my facetime?" he asked shutting the door "You facetimed me?" I played with the sleeve of my sweater that I was wearing and Shawn gave it to me; it was what I did when I lied "Stop lying. I know your lying because your messing with your sleeve. I want the truth." he tapped his foot as if he was a dad "You want the truth?" he nodded his head "Fine. Look I couldn't take it anymore." I confessed "You couldn't take what anymore?" he asked uncrossing his arms "You being away then coming back. All the girls that are way hotter than me! Your perfect face. You being related to Mack. Seeing you in the hospital limp. It's all too much right now!" I broke down and Shawn pulled me close trying to soothe the pain that I was feeling. He wrapped his arms around me one on my back the other on my head pulling me closer as my arms wrapped around his back "I'm so sorry that I did this to you Sky." he whispered as he gave me a kiss on my forehead "Shawn I think we need to take a break from each other. So it won't hurt as much when your gone." I turned, opened the door, stepped in the house, shut the door, then slumped against the door until he was gone.
Shawn's POV
I thought everything was going to be okay but it wasn't and it was all my fault. I walked home in the rain as all of these screaming girls came out of nowhere "Shawn you're back home! Can I get your autograph?" they screamed jumping up and down and up and down "Sorry I'm not doing autographs right now." I said slamming shut the door to my house. I walked over to the couch and sat down "What are you doing Shawn?" Mum asked handing me a cookie "I'm thinking." I answered and with that she left leaving me to ponder my thoughts and a tear rolled down my cheek. Mum walked around the corner "Is everything okay?" she handed me a tissue "No. I gotta go fix something." I said before running out of the door into the cold pouring rain.
Sky's POV
I sat on the love seat with my legs bent, my hands wrapped around them, and my head laid on my knees as I cried thinking about Shawn and I just ruined everything. The rain pouring down just made everything seem that much worse. Then I heard a slight knock on the door; I went to answer it, but just stood at the door "Cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar." I sang through sobs "The only one that keeps me wishing on a wishing star." Shawn sang through the door "The song in the car I keep singing. Don't know why I do." we sang in unison as I cried to one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs.