Love Song

I sat on my bed scrolling through my phone and landed on that text from my dad so I finally deleted it. "Honey! I got to go to work!" mum yelled from downstairs "Okay." it never did really bother me since she was a doctor at the nearest hospital so she had to work whenever they called her. I heard her leave as her car screeched off. Nicole kept texting me about how excited she was about Shawn coming to our school and I just smiled at that. Then my thoughts got interrupted by some noise coming from my window. At first I thought it was the wind, but after looking at the window for quite a while I noticed little pebbles hitting it. One after another and when they hit it I flinched debating on weather or not I should look out it and open it. I took a deep breath stood up and slowly walked over to the window almost as if it was something out of a horror movie. Once up to the window I peered out of it and saw a figure in the shadows the figure had a build like a man. The figure walked into the light that was left from the street lamp and I noticed that the figure was Shawn with a guitar. He started throwing pebbles at my window. I opened the window as I looked around outside before yelling to him "Go to the front door."  I shut the window and raced to get some better looking clothes on before I ran to the door.

I opened the door to a silent waiting Shawn. "Come in." I said while pulling the door open all the way. "Thanks." he said while walking in "So what's the guitar for?" I asked while he sat on the love seat "I thought you'd never ask." a smile playing on his lips "What's it?" I started to ask again, but he started strumming a few cords so I quickly shut up and he started singing. I sat down right beside him and listened to his wonderful voice in awe. I waited for him to stop singing and stop strumming then I asked "So what do you call that?" I asked trying not to tear up "Kid In Love. I wrote it for you. I also wrote this one, but I wanted to sing Kid In Love first." he started strumming again "It's not that I'm afraid I'm not enough for her." he paused as a smile played on my lips "It's not that I can't find the words to say." he words were just so perfect so I waited until the end "That was Roses. Will you let it die or let it grow?" he asked while  handing me a rose. I started crying "I'll let it grow." I said giving him a hug while he slightly pushed me away and brushed my tears off gently with his thumb. "Thank you. But why?" I said while putting the rose into an empty vase which was easy to find since mum had a ton of vases that were never filled "Your welcome. I knew you had a bad valentines day and I knew that I was on tour on valentines day so that was my valentines gift to you." he said giving me another hug before walking out and over to his house which was right across the street.

I quickly texted Nicole, but before I could send it I received a text. A smile was playing on my lips as I was thinking of Shawn, but when I looked at the text I immediately flipped out.

Dad:  Hey hun I think your mum blocked my number.

Well then she was the smart one I knew I should have done what mum did, but he was my dad and frankly I was too afraid. What if he would track me down if I blocked him I mean you never know with my dad.

Dad:  Can I pick you up from school tomorrow?

My heart raced as my hands shook to text him back

Me:  This is the only day that I have cell service. No cars where I'm at. 

I turned off my phone and threw it on the other side of my bed. As soon as my heart stopped pounding to were I could hear my thoughts again I put my phone on the charger.