Babysitting.

I sat there staring at the blank t.v. hoping that Aaylaigh's brother wouldn't notice or care that I was wearing a sports bra and running shorts. "Wait Aaylaigh did you just say Sky Hamilton?" he asked getting a little choked up "No I go by Skylar. Only my friends. And my boyfriend calls me Sky." I said thinking about Kat, Nicole, Shawn, and mum. Aaylaigh's brother started walking to me and I started getting a little uncomfortable and cold. I started shivering and a hoddie was put on me; I looked down at the hoddie and realized that the hoddie was a Macon hoddie. I slowly looked up at Aaylaigh's brother. It was Shawn Mendes "Shawn? I thought you were coming next week." I jumped up giving him a hug while crying "You know my brother?" Aaylaigh asked "We've been dating for three years." he said smiling while wiping the tears that were rolling down my cheeks.
Shawn walked over to Aaylaigh; he whispered something into her ear while handing her a bag.
Three Years Later. Still At Shawn's.
Aaylaigh walked up to me "Come with me." she said grabbing my hand and we ran upstairs into her room. She walked over to her keyboard and played a few cords. Then Shawn walked in with one of his many guitars and together they sang Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran. Shawn walked to me, grabbed my hand and got down on one knee "I want us to be together. I never want you to go through anything alone." he started as I cried then stopped myself "Shawn I want you to see the rest of the world. I want you to sing. I don't wanna hold you back." I started crying again as Aaylaigh started playing The Wedding Song There Is Love on her keyboard before saying "Come on! Your perfect for each other. Plus he really loves you, because when you two got in that fight he came here and cried. I've never seen him cry before that." she said laughing while Shawn was whispering 'no' to her. The door opened it was Karen and her husband "What's going on?" her husband asked in a calm voice and Karen grabbed his arm upon noticing the beautiful diamond ring in Shawn's hand. Karen stepped up to me and whispered in my ear "Say yes." Then I thought about what dad had said, but my thoughts got interrupted when my phone went off playing A Little Too Much by Shawn Mendes which was the ring tone I had for mum. I quickly answered "Mum? Are you okay?" I asked with all of my blood freezing in my veins "Yes. Yes. Skylar yes." I heard her crying through the phone "Mum if I was to get engaged what would you say. If it was Shawn?" I asked swallowing my nerves "Yes. Yes. Skylar yes." she whispered this time "I don't have cancer anymore. After losing all my hair I don't have cancer it's all gone." she cried and then hung up as my jaw dropped open and I dug my face into Shawn's chest. Through sobs I said 'yes' as he slipped the ring on my finger and I cried.
      Five Years Later.
I stood behind two wooden doors. It was September 3,2024. I was in a white lacy gown and a veil. I had a bouquet of yellow and red roses. An officer came through one of the doors telling me that my father was ready. Nicole and one of her friends were my brides maides. They walked out of the wooden doors and I moved so no one could see me. "Your following your heart." Dad said before wrapping his arm around mine. Then Aaylaigh walked in front of us being the last brides maid. The band started to play and the wooden doors opened; I took one last breath before walking to Shawn who looked as if he was gonna cry. I handed Nicole my bouquet as Shawn took my hands in his. We both repeated the words of the preacher and meant every word of it.
We had a little party then Shawn gave the sweetest vows and I gave mine; I was so nervous that all I remember about my vows is that I ended them with "Shawn Mendes you are my missing piece." and mum cried as Shawn gave me kiss then took me in his arms and put me in his Jeep. These words were written on the back window of his Jeep 'just married.'