Prom

I had already gone shopping with Nicole for our prom dresses because if I didn't go with her then she would've just picked out a black tank top, neon shorts, new Nike or Air Jordans, and new headband to match. I was there to help her and she was there to help me. It took us five hours, but we finally got the dresses we were looking for. Nicole and I got dresses to match, she got a midnight blue gown with jewels on the top chest area and the dress ended just below her knees while mine on the other hand was also midnight blue with jewels in the top chest area, but instead of going to my knees mine
went down to the floor with no slits.
I sat in front of my little desk mirror and applied the finishing touches on my makeup. I got my makeup done and was playing with my tiny curls in my hair "Oh your done! I better get the camera good thing I charged it." my mum said running downstairs; I heard a few clicks of her testing the camera then the doorbell rang. I took in a deep breath as the door opened. I picked up the little flower pin for Shawn and started downstairs. Shawn ran to the bottom of the stairs and grabbed my hand as my foot came off the last step. He gave me my corsage and I pinned in that little flower pin onto his black tux. Then mum made us pose for some pictures. Nicole and her date came in and then we took more pictures then Shawn helped me into the car "I forgot to ask for your dad's blessing if we could go out. I'll be right back." I tried to grab his arm, but he sprinted off before I could grab him then I turned to Nicole. She started to get out of the car to tell Shawn since she was the only person I ever told, but Shawn was already back.
"Now I know why we never talked about your dad."Shawn said while sitting next to me and putting his arm around my shoulders giving them a slight squeeze then he leaned in and whispered "I'm sorry that he's in jail Sky." Then he gave me a slight peck on my temple which made me smile since he cared for me so much.
We got out of the limo which Shawn and Nicole's date got for us girls. Shawn and Nicole's date got out of the limo and started talking and I leaned towards Nicole and asked "What's your date's name?"  I smiled as we sat in the limo "His name is Brad. My cousin Janet set me up with him." Nicole smiled as she went to open her door and both boys rushed to us.
We walked into the gym which surprisingly didn't smell like dirty gym clothes, basketballs, or sweat. Instead it smelled like perfume, cologne, and chocolate. Nicole and I looked around and then saw it strawberries and a chocolate fountain and we practically ran over there grabbing a strawberry and dipped it in the rich flowing chocolate fountain. I heard a little chuckle as I spun around on one heel I noticed that the boys were right behind us "What?" I said with my mouth full "You act like you've never seen a chocolate fountain." Brad tried not to laugh "But we're not judging." Shawn added as Nicole and I just laughed.
I felt a cold tap on my bare shoulder and heard a light voice "Everyone's gonna know that he's here. Then everyone will want to take him away from you." the voice whispered into my ear sending chills down my spine. It was Mack. I looked up every girls head went down to look at their phones then shot straight up at me and Shawn. I reached out for him, but a girl was already pulling him towards the dance floor.
I spent the whole night watching Shawn transition from girl to girl. I didn't get to dance with him at all. Then they announced prom king and queen. Sarah had danced with Shawn the most and she was by far the prettiest girl at our school. They won prom king and queen Shawn and Sarah. I couldn't bring myself to watch them dance together so I walked outside and was soon followed by Nicole. I felt her hand move off of my shoulder as she stood up and I heard her say "Shawn. If you break her heart I will personally hunt you down and.. Well. I think you get it." she huffed before leaving us.
Shawn sat right beside me on the cold concrete bench. He laid one hand on my thigh "I'm sorry Sky. I'm really sorry." I lifted my head while forcing myself to smile "It's okay. I'm fine." I said and he gave me a hug "You can't pretend that it's easy all the time." He quoted from his song Understand "Stop with the quotes." I laughed while pushing him away "There's that smile I was waiting for." he said nervously running a hand through his perfect hair.