Chapter Two

*one month earlier*

"Dan..." Phil muttered, nerves evident in both his voice and body language.

"Yeah?" Dan answers, his smile slowly fading as Phil continues to be ravished by nerves.

"Remember that fight we had a month ago? When you said you didn't even want me as a roommate anymore...and um, I left out of anger..." Phil questions,  his eyes glued to his hands.

"Yeah? What about it? I'm sorry, I meant none of it I promise please d-"

"No no! It's not that," Phil interrupts, "You see uh, that night, I went to the club, got drunk and erm...did some regrettable things. Anyways, the girl managed to get a hold of me and..." Phil paused and took a deep breath, looking as if he may cry.

Dan scooted over to comfort him, hugging him. They're only friends, but the thought of Phil being with someone else made Dan jealous, guilty, and quite frankly sick. He knew he had feelings for Phil, but he'd never admit it because Phil would never feel the same.

"and..." He continued, a tear seeming to fall down his face making Dan hug him even tighter, "she told me she's pregnant Dan, and the baby is mine."

It felt like time froze for Dan, he couldn't take care of a child, they can't take the child in Dan nor Phil were ready. Would Phil even want to raise a child with Dan?

"I'm going to marry her to support the baby." Phil finished quietly and Dan's heart sunk lower than his pants.

Of course Phil wouldn't want to raise a child with him, what was he thinking?

And the world didn't unfreeze for Dan, no the ice shattered.