Chapter Twelve

Dan had invited Charlie to play video games, but he sincerely sucked.

Or he just didn't care, which Dan didn't appreciate. Charlie had most of his attention geared towards asking Dan questions.

The gamer boy didn't mind, but the questions were starting to get personal.

"What was your relationship with last night's groom?"

"Well, um, I was the best man so yeah, we're pretty close I guess." Dan mumbled, looking down at the floor, the controller remaining in his hands.

"What?"

Obviously Dan's mumbling was not registered.

"Never mind. Want t-"

"Tell me." Charlie said assertively, the angry undertone back in his voice, making Dan cower slightly. The new boy's face returned to its kind state as he awaited Dan's response.

"Sorry," Dan corrected himself quickly.

"Phil and I were best friends and roommates for five years, but lately we've been going through some...rough patches."

"Are you sure you're just friends? Five years is a long time."

"Erm...yeah, just friends."

"You shouldn't lie to your friends Dan. Maybe that's part of why Phil left you."

"W-well I may have liked him, but he doesn't feel the same and he never would so it doesn't matter." Dan told him truthfully, tears brimming his eyes.

"That's pretty pathetic unrequited love, have you considered dating someone to get over him?"

The brown eyed boy thought about it as the tears slipped down his soft cheeks. He would like to get over Phil and this would be a good opportunity to do just that. Was Charlie the right person though? He did take Dan's mind off Phil and he seemed to really care.

He found himself slowly nodding and could see Charlie smiling out of the corner of his eyes, for he was staring into nothingness, lost in thought.

"Well, I'd love to be your boyfriend."