Chapter Four

*two weeks before*

"Dan I'm moving in with Sarah next week"

The two boys had been living each other for five years now, ever since Dan had finish d high school, so when Phil said that it felt like half of Dan was leaving with another person.

Phil hadn't made eye contact with Dan since he told him the news two weeks ago. In fact, he hasn't done anything with Dan, no platonic cuddles, no video game nights, no late night conversations.

This wedding has completely taken Phil away from the boy. Even worse, Dan knew Phil doesn't want to do this, he's only doing it for the baby no matter how much he denies it.

"No Phil..." Dan finally responds, more to himself.

"Listen Dan, Kate is wonderful women. She's funny, caring.....even if she's not my best friend..." He mutters the last part, "I need you...to stop...worry about me." He finishes.

"No Phil," Dan looks up at Phil from where he's sitting on the couch, staring into space, thinking. "It's not even just me worrying about you." His voice breaks, tears streaming down his face. "Please don't leave me..."

"Dan I have explained this to you, and I'm going through with this whether you like it or not. Now....I'm gonna start packing, feel free to help."

With that, Phil walked off, but not before glancing at Dan, their eyes meeting for the first time in what felt like forever.