Chapter Seven

It had only been two hours since the vows had ended, but Dan had done nothing except sit himself by the alcohol and drink.

It was a disturbingly beautiful party for only being planned for a month.

An impressive amount of people came as well, most of them being here for Kate.

Phil had let Kate use his money for the wedding since he has a lot more and he's the one that asked to marry her.

Suddenly, Dan felt bile on his mouth.

Hah.

The lighting in the wooden party hose was dim for this part of the wedding, lit mostly by electric candles placed on the circular dining tables and gold painted trees.

People were still scarcely eating from the, once nicely set buffet tables. Now they were covered in crumbs, stains, and partially empty pots. The bread still looked good though, it seemed to be an infinite amount.

"Hey, can I get you another drink?" Dan asked the bar tender with a slight slur. 

"Yeah, what'll it be?" He responded with a flirtatious undertone.

"Uh...what do you suggest this time?" Dan had been going with whatever the barista was telling him. Not because Dan hadn't drank enough to know, it just seemed to be making the guy happy.

Dan too.

Honestly, he thought the tender was kind of hot. He had black skinnies, a tucked in, white, button-up shirt, suspenders, and a bow tie. He just looked very well put together.

"Alright then," He said grinning as he looked up from his work at Dan, "My name is Charlie by the way."

"I'm Dan," He smiled lazily at Charlie as he received his drink, a Negroni.

He drank it fast and decided it was time for something stronger after watching a, pretty much sober Phil, grind with a, slightly less sober Kate.

The brown eyed boy had honestly seen so much already that he didn't want to see: Phil pecking Kate on the cheek. Kate eye fucking Phil. Phil slow dancing with Kate. Kate trying to make out with Phil.

Each thing bringing him back eagerly to Charlie.

What really hurt is Phil didn't seem to notice Dan, nor his absence. Even when he came over to get drinks for Kate and himself and had to stand right by him. He wouldn't even look at him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After another hour, Dan was hammered.

The party hadn't died down at all, but Dan seemed to be the only one at the bar anymore, keeping Charlie company.

"Hey Dan, no one seems to be coming for drinks anymore." Charlie states, catching the other boy's attention, "What do you say we go find a place alone?"

Charlie winks and Dan just stares for a moment, fighting the urge to look back at Phil grinding against Kate as he unknowingly wishes it was him.

He drunkenly grinned and stood up, "I'd love to."

Charlie took his hand and led him to an unoccupied hallway where Dan was slammed against the wall.

Charlie's lips connected with his and it was immediately heated, they knew what they wanted.

At least...Dan is pretty sure this is what he wants...

Charlie flicked his tongue on Dan's bottom lip for access and Dan accepted, though he opened one of his eyes.

He's not sure why, he just felt like it and when he did he started really taking in the boy whom he was roughly making out with's features.

He had jet black hair, straight too. Very pale skin, a slim body, a hair cut like Dan's own.

Dan pulled away, making Charlie look at him, a confused, lustful face awaiting a reason for Dan's actions. He, however, only saw the barista' bright blue eyes before pushing him away.

Now, Charlie didn't look that much like Phil, he just had a wider face, a bigger nose, a wider mouth, but Dan didn't care in his intoxicated state.

He shoved Charlie to the side and began running to the emergency exit at the end of the hall.

All he wanted to do was cry, scream even.

All he wanted was Phil.

And he wasn't even sober yet.