Chapter Forty-One

The couple had decided to go out today, they ate a lovely dinner and, despite being a bit jittery, Dan was having a fantastic time with Phil.

"So you're telling me you've liked me ever since a month of knowing me?"

The younger boy blushed and nodded.

They were holding hands, walking through the lit up park.

There was nobody else there, most likely because it was past eight o'clock so it was dark by now, despite the frequent lamp posts throughout the site.

"Well shoot, I've liked you for a long time too." Phil confessed.

"What!? That's not fair! You should have told me, I wasn't exactly the best at hiding my feelings."

"Nuh uh, you should've told me, I wasn't either!"

They continued in comfortable silence, thinking of all the moments their love for each other was so painfully obvious.

After a while, Phil spoke up, "Hey Dan..."

"Yeah?"

"Why did you think I was Charlie? I mean, I know we look a bit alike, but were really so distraught with my leaving you thought I'd do...that?"

Dan thought about it, he hasn't cried since Phil came back, he's only really been happy.

"It's not that I thought you'd do that. It was more, in my mind, okay if he was you because I love everything about you, I love everything you do, I love you..."

Time seemed to freeze, both boys were consumed in the kiss Phil initiated, there was no way for it to last long enough.

Phil's lips felt so warm against Dan's own and they felt as though electricity was flowing through them.

You know how when you kiss some people it feels as sentimental as poking there arm? Compare that to being pushed into a cushion of fiery passion with person you love most in this world.

They pull apart, slightly breathless,

"I love you too Dan."