Chapter Sixteen

I wrote this chapter whilst ignoring my teacher, how ironic

*

How can one ignore another?

One must be absent minded to do such a thing.

Everyone has a story to tell.

So why do others not want to listen?

We are in such a rush, we do not give time to others.

All it does is harm.

Phil grabbed his coat as Kate got in the car.

They were going out for dinner. Something Kate hadn't done since she was six with her mom, but Phil didn't know that.

When they arrived at the restaurant, they did exactly what most people do at restaurants.

They got on very well. Phil learned Kate was quite a chatterbox when she was secretly high.

Well, he didn't learn that last part.

It wasn't until the end of that night though when things got deep.

"My mom died when I was six in a car accident on our way home from a dinner night out." The blond said, "And my dad was a...bad man."

They had been on dark subjects for a while now. Phil still only like her as a possible friend.

He was beginning to think he was just born to have a husband. He's bi, but he likes guys so much more.

Specifically...never mind.

"I was in- no, I...used to like my roommate. Dan, my best man. Do you remember him?" He didn't go on with anything else. He just wanted to redirect the conversation back to his wife.

"Not really, but I do remember seeing him once. He seemed very...emotional."

"How do you mean?"

"He was crying during the vows, I didn't think a best man would cry so much."

"Oh..." Phil felt his heart flutter, then it got swat down into the pits of hell.

Maybe Dan's tears of joy were just expressed oddly? Or perhaps he had stubbed his toe one too many times?

Phil knew deep down those tears were because of him.

But he wasn't going to do anything about it.