A Look back on Artemis and Wally's Valentine's Days

Spitfire One-Shots Chapter 28

A Look back on Artemis and Wally's Valentine's Day (it's a long title, but this is a longer chapter)

5 Years ago

Artemis and Wally were only dating for a few months. Things were almost exactly the way they were before, with the occasional kiss. Artemis never really cared much for Valentine's Day, it never had any significance for her growing up. And Wally always tried hitting on girls unsuccessfully, and sat around eating, nothing unusual there.

This year, Artemis had a boyfriend, one she cared a lot about, despite their playful banter. Even though they haven't been dating for long, she wanted to do something nice for him. The team just completed a successful mission against the League of Shadows, and had a little time off.

She learned quickly that food was the easiest way to his heart. She set out to make nachos, for the both of them to eat while watching a movie. She was in no way going to wear pink, instead she settled with a casual red top, black skinny jeans and maroon ankle boots.

She texted Wally to meet her at the cave. Artemis wasn't really expecting him to show up with chocolates, flowers and balloons like you'd see in a cheesy romantic movie. Instead he walked in holding a candy bar casually.

"Hey Arty." She hated the nickname, which prompted him to use it more often to annoy her.

As any normal person would think, she thought the candy bar was for her. She hugged him and brought them over to the couch. When Artemis reached for the chocolate, he gave her a weird look and squatted her hand away.

He popped it into his mouth, biting a huge chunk off

He popped it into his mouth, biting a huge chunk off. She looked at him with a mixture of disbelief and humor.

"What?" He asked with his mouthful.

"It's Valentine's Day." She told him simply gesturing to the heart decorations Megan put up. Wally looked around noticing them for the first time.

"Oh." He said, clearly forgetting what day it was. He sheepishly offered her the half eaten chocolate bar. Wally kissed her cheek. She rolled her eyes at him, but continued to snuggle into his side as the movie played.

4 Years ago

The Spitfire couple had been together for over a year at this point in the story. Their relationship did nothing but blossom. However, that didn't stop them from arguing back and forth playfully. Since their Valentine's Day the previous year was a little unexpected, Artemis did not have any expectations.

She was just going to see where the night was taking them. The first half of their day was doing a recon mission for Batman to retrieve a microchip from LexCorp. Fortunately, the mission was a success without any unnecessary complications.

Megan arranged for the team to have a party in the cave later on in the day Artemis stayed with her, Zatanna and Raquel to help set up the decorations. Most of the decorations were food. The girls had a bet on how long it will take before Wally attempts to shove the whole thing down his throat.