Chapter 30- A Spitfire Halloween

Spitfire One-Shots Chapter 30

A Spitfire Halloween

Artemis was not happy. It wasn't much of a surprise to the people who knew her. She was shopping for Halloween costumes with her boyfriend Wally. She was standing the the middle of the aisle while he ran around tossing costumes into her arms.

The costumes were ridiculous in her opinion. They were all couple costumes because they wanted to change things up this year. The previous year they dressed up as each other. It was actually pretty cute, so they decided to take it up a notch the next year.

It was Artemis' idea and she regretted it as soon as she stepped into the store. Wally was just so enthused, he couldn't contain his excitement. He wanted to come up with the perfect costume for them.

"We can be minions. Or Mario & Luigi. Or cookies & milk. Or PB&J!" He said as he rushed back and forth to place the costumes in his girlfriend's arms. She tried to look at the other costumes but the pile in her arms kept growing to the point that it obstructed her view.

"Wally!"

He stopped abruptly and turned to look at her sheepishly. "Sorry babe." He kissed her cheek and took the load off of her shoulders, literally. He began showcasing each and every costume in front of her.

"Is there anything you liked so far?" He asked. "Personally I think you would make a cute minion." She rolled her eyes at him playfully.

"I don't think minions have red hair." She reminded him ruffling his hair.

"I can always get a wig."

"I'll keep that in mind Baywatch." She said patting his arm. They didn't agree on any of the costumes Wally picked out so they walked around together at a manageable pace.

"We can dress up as vampires."

"I was a vampire a few years ago. How about magicians?" Artemis suggested.

"Isn't that Zatanna's signature thing." Artemis cursed under her breath.

"We can be Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger."

"As much as I would like to, I don't look good with brown hair." Artemis knew she was being picky, but she wanted to outshine the other couples at the joint team/league party. For the past couple of years they have lost the couples contest to Dinah and Ollie, and they never let them live it down. She wanted to beat them this year, and they would do it without having to spend as much as Ollie.

"How about a pun or ironic costume idea?" She suggested.

"Like what?" Wally asked her intrigued.

"I don't know Mario & Peach? Jim and Pam?"

"I thought you didn't want to be a brunette?" He asked.

"I want to win Wally! Is that so much to ask for?" She said angrily.

"Yes when you put it like that." He says playfully. She gives a him a soft shove. "Come on, I know what winning over them means to you, so let's do this." He held out his arm to her and she took it without a moment's hesitation.

"Wally, what about this?" She pulled a costume off of the rack. "It's a Baywatch costume." She told him failing to keep her laughter in.

"Keep laughing and I'll just want to do it more. I think you would look hot in it." Wally winked at her. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Be serious Wally."

"I am serious. I'm positive you'll look hot in this costume. And if you really want to do it, I'm all for it."