.:14:. (Tyler)

I smile a bit to myself and curl into the fuzzy blanket surrounding me as I hear Zack’s soft snores coming from the other side of the room. Right as I start to drift off to sleep I hear a small knock on the door. Frowning, I get up and look through the peep hole in the door, instantly opening it when I see it’s just Josh. “Hey, JoJo?” I say but it comes out as more of a question as he walks into the house, kicking his shoes off. “Why the heck do you have Tyler?”

“Hi, bear. Tyler showed up at my door again and he’s getting super thin and I couldn’t just leave him.” He rambles as he walks over to me and wraps his arms around my torso after dropping the small kitten on the ground and I place a gentle kiss on the top of his head.

“Do you wanna’ watch Aladdin?” I ask while walking into the living room and sitting criss-cross applesauce on the couch. He shrugs and plops down next to me, laying his head in my lap. I lay down to get in a more comfortable position and he buries his face in my chest, snuggling close to my side. Tyler jumps up and joins us after a few seconds, struggling to get his small frame on top of the couch. I smile at him and notice a few dark patches on the back of Josh’s shirt, touching one of them to find it slightly damp. “Josh, what’s on the back of your shirt?” I furrow my brows and he stares at me for a moment.  

“O-oh, it’s nothing.” He stutters nervously and turns back to the t.v.

“It’s obviously something, please tell me.” I beg and he nods slowly.

“M-mama beat me.” His eyes start to water and I pull him close to me again.

“Shh, it’s okay, baby.” I rub the back of his head in a calming fashion and he sniffles a bit. “Do you want to take a bath?” I sit up a bit more and he nods slightly while wiping the tears from his eyes.

We silently get up and place Tyler on top of Zack, where he curls up into his side and peacefully goes back to sleep, before I lead Josh down the hall into the bathroom that is connected to my bedroom.

“I’ll start the water then I’m going to get you a towel and you can strip, okay?” He nods and I turn both of the taps in opposite directions, making the water warm but not too hot.

I run to my closet to grab a towel and when I walk back into the bathroom Josh is standing in front of me, his hands covering himself. “If there’s enough water go ahead and get in,” I smile at him and turn away to get neosporin, bandages, and a washcloth from underneath the sink, quickly hearing rustling and water shifting as he climbs into the bathtub.

I reach behind him and turn off the water, examining his back in the process. “Okay, I’m going to let you soak for a minute, call me back when you’re ready to get out.” I state and get up from where I was squatting, placing a feather-light kiss on the top of his shoulder.

He smiles a bit and extends his arms towards me, signalling he wants me to stay. “Please, stay and talk to me, Bear.”

“Okay,” I grin and plop down onto the floor next to the bathtub.

“W-will you tell me a story?” He asks shyly and bites his lip, causing me to chuckle a bit and nod.

“Once upon a time, there was a princess who lived in a world where everything was colorless and boring. One day at a fancy dinner she met the love of her life and she didn’t know it was him, so she ignored him and was slow to befriend him. However, when she finally talked to him she discovered that she wanted to become very good friends with him. One day she went over to his cottage and he offered to show her the world in a way she had never seen before, she loved it, but, when she went home she was forbade from seeing him ever again. Still, a few days later she snuck out of the castle to see him and they sat and talked together for hours, until the sun rose behind the hills. When she realized she had to go home she ran, but she wasn’t fast enough. One of the guards found her and brought her to her father, who beat her harshly. She continued to sneak out, without being caught, and eventually the boy got enough courage to ask her to marry him. Of course she said yes and they lived happily ever after. The end.” I smile at him as he realizes that I shaped the story into us, subtly telling him that I love him.

“I love you, Tyler.” He quietly says, his eyes widening as he realizes he let those words tumble from his lips, my shoulders tensing. “I-in a friend way.” He we both nervously laugh and brush it off. “I’m ready to get out.”

“This might hurt a little, okay, JoJo?” He sucks in a large breath as I gently sink the rag into the tub and clean the caked-on blood from his wounds. “Shh, we’ll be done in just a second, baby.” I coo and he nods a bit, tears forming in his eyes. “Let it out if you need to, ‘k?” Small sobs rack through his frame as I finish cleaning the last of his welts. “We’re all done now, I’m going to put neosporin on your back now to make it feel better.” He nods again as I gently and slowly rub the neosporin on top of his wounds. “Okay, JoJo, I’m done. Once you get out I’ll wrap you up in bandages.” I smile at him while I hand him the towel as I leave the bathroom again to get him clothes to sleep in.

I come back and he is perched on top of the toilet seat, towel wrapped loosely around his hips. I try to keep my gaze from wandering as I focus on unwinding the roll of bandages in front of me. “Lift your arms up for me, JoJo.” I instruct and he does as told. I carefully wrap the bandages around his torso and he grunts a few times when I apply a bit too much pressure.

When I’m finished I stand up and hand him a shirt and pair of sweatpants, he gratefully nods and I exit the bathroom to let him change in peace. While he’s changing I slip off my skinny jeans and shirt, leaving me in just my boxers. I climb under the sheets, snuggling in while waiting for Josh to join me.

He emerges shortly after and I pat the bed next to me, signalling for him to lay down with me. He quickly walks over and slides in next to me, curling into a ball and placing his head on my chest. I laugh into his hair and he places a light kiss in the center of my chest.

“Thank you for fixing my ouchies, Bear.” He beams and I giggle, he’s so innocent and adorable…. and he’s mine, all mine. I smile to myself as he drifts off to sleep in my arms.

a/n spooky: return of the sweatpants @livi