.:15:. (Josh)

“Tyler, why is there a cat on me?!” Both Tyler and I bolt upright, I forget where I am for a moment and have a mini panic attack but remember as I feel the comforting presence of Tyler being next to me.

Tyler throws the blankets off both of us and darts into the next room over. I lay back down against the pillow as I hear a screech come from Zack and a giggle come from Tyler. “It’s just a cat.” I hear the muffled voice of Tyler say.

“Yeah, but why is it in here?” Zack asks in a high pitched voice, clearly afraid of the small kitten.

“Josh brought him over, his name is Tyler.” The nextdoor room goes quiet and suddenly a surprised Zack comes bursting into the room. He gasps in fright as he sees me, Tyler trailing behind him.

“Did you sleep with Josh?” Tyler’s face turns to a different shade of grey. Zack turns to Tyler and jumps excitedly, “Can you see color now?” Tyler covers his face with his hands and groans. What are they talking about?

“No, Zack, I did not sleep with Josh. He just spent the night.” Zack sighs sadly and leaves the room.

“Okay, but please remove the cat from my room.”

Confused, I start getting out getting out of bed. Tyler pulls me into a hug and gives me a small kiss on my forehead, “I love you, yanno’,  JoJo?” I feel a blush spread across my face and I smile.

“I love you too.” We break apart and my gaze shifts over to a nearby clock. My eyes go dark as I realize it’s 7:13. Mama’s probably already left to go to work.

“Oh, I gotta go! I’ll be back here tonight, Bear!” I wave at him and sprint out the door, hoping to God that Mama didn’t even notice I left. As I’m running I slow down as I remember something, there’s a Town Meeting today, what am I doing?

I slow down and laugh at myself from how forgetful I am. I decide that I’ll take my time on this walk, there’s no reason to hurry. Mama usually sleeps in very late anyways.

The warmth of the sun soaks into my skin, making me feel all fluffy and warm inside. Looking down at the sidewalk I realize that I was still wearing Tyler’s sweatpants and blush slightly.

The walk to my house was pretty uneventful but I did get to see a few insects and dogs on the way. I even picked a bouquet of flowers to set on our dinner table to spice up our house.

I quietly open and close the door and then tiptoe upstairs to my room, quiet as a mouse. Making sure that Mama really doesn’t notice that I’ve been anywhere, I take of Bear’s sweatpants and slide on a crop top and shorts.

“I’ll give these back to Bear tonight. Actually, maybe I’ll see him at the Town Meeting so I could just give them to him there?” The smell of Tyler floods into my nose as I neatly fold them and I smile. Tyler just makes me feel so comforted and special. No one has ever treated me as nice as Tyler has.

A slight tap comes from the other side of my door so I set down the pants and crack the door open. “Yes, Mama?” I question innocently, blinking sweetly multiple times.

“Are you ready to go to the town meeting? It’s in about thirty minutes.” I nod and give her a polite smile. She returns the smile and walks away, her footsteps fading into the distance.

Before leaving I slide on shoes, hoping to see Bear at the Town Meeting today. I may have seen him only a few hours ago but being with him just made me feel happier and complete.

a/n oli: when i wrote “i did not sleep with josh” all i could think about was “i didnt not” @ spooky. Also we have a new book out if for some reason you didn’t see our announcement