Chapter 24

My eyes shoot open to find darkness.

The alarm clock beside me says 2:00am.

I groan and close my eyes as memories from a few hours ago flood my mind.

I feel weight shift in the bed and I turn my head to find Harry, wide-eyed and staring at me.

I jump and he begins to speak. "I'm an asshole."

"No I-."

"I should be the one apologizing, I'm sorry. I always screw up everything and now I hurt you again because I can't control my anger."

My eyes brim with tears, as the memories push harder and harder into my breaking point.

"And now this is my fault." He reaches to lift up my shirt and I swat him away, not wanting him to see my disgusting body right now.

Because who could love a girl when you can see her bones, bruises, scars, and blood?

"I'm not gonna hurt you again, I promise."

I remember when you said that before. Look where I'm at right now.

"I know what happened, I'm fine." I say trying to pull down the shirt no matter how much pain it's causing.

"Can I ask you something?"

What the hell. "Go for it."

"Why are you always like that?"

"Like what?" I look in his eyes, they're in the green state and I know I'm safe.

"Like hiding yourself from everything."

"Excuse me if I don't want to be a stripper." I remark.

"But it's like you just want to hide behind baggy sweatshirts and lock yourself away so no one has to care about you."

"I'm just a little self conscious I guess." I reply, trying not to be too revealing.

"Why?"

"You said one question." I point out.

"Well this is a two parted question."

"Fine." I give in. "No particular reason I guess. But I just don't look how society wants me to I guess."

"That's a lame reason."

"Hey," I try to swat his arm, but fail miserably. "You wanted one." I remind him and he smiles a real smile, dimples and all.

I like this Harry. I slightly smile and close my eyes.

"You should smile more." He blurts, interrupting the silence.

"I smile when I have a reason to." I grin and then think about what I just said.

He looks at me, his cheeks are still puffy from crying I assume.

"Can I ask you a question?" I reason.

"I guess." He sighs.

"Why are you like that?"

"Like what?" He smiles and play with a strand of my hair.

"You get so mad that you hurt people but then at the same time you can be so, like you are now."

"Hmm." He's thinking, I can tell. "I don't mean to do it, I don't know why it happens. And I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I probably got myself into it anyway. Sometimes I just freak out because I'm not very good in fights."

"Why?

"I'll tell you later, maybe. Right now I think I just need to rest, my stomach kills."

"I'm sorry." He looks down at me causing me to tug the shirt down further, if that's possible at this point.

I fold my arms across my chest and close my eyes.

I'm almost sucked into the world of night when I feel Harry's hand lay across my stomach.

Not hard enough to hurt me, but soft enough to make me forget about the pain.

I don't know what this boy was doing to me, but it was working.

I've known him for about a week and I had years of trust in him.

How?

---

A/N: update cause no school tomorrow and I skipped hw ilygsm ytbre!