Chapter 25

I wake up for what feels like the hundredth time in eight hours.

I'm sweaty and my palms are clammy.

Harry's arms are wrapped protectively around my waist and his head is nuzzled into my side, distracting me from my sweaty state.

This was definitely my favorite Harry.

I decide to hold off on moving around a little longer, to enjoy Harry's peaceful sleeping.

Right now, he didn't look more than an innocent, loving man.

Oh my lord. What is he doing to me? He doesn't even have to be awake to make my heart flutter.

He shifts more of his weight onto me and squeezes me harder, causing me to wiggle under his grip.

"No!" He shouts and squeezes me tighter causing my breathing to become short and rapid.

"Harry." I try to talk. "Wake up!" I shake his shoulder with my free arm.

His eyes shoot open and dart around the room under they are on me.

"Are you okay?" He asks me for what is most likely the twentieth time.

"I'm.. yeah." I lie, holding my stomach.

"What happened?" he looks at me with eyes glowing in curiosity.

"You just kept tightening your grip on me." I leave out the shouting part.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." He looks down. I feel bad for him.

"Hey," I say and he looks up, "I'm okay." I reassure him. "Just a little sore, but I'm fine." I state the truth.

He tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear and then rests his hand on my stomach.

He grabs the hem of my shirt between his thumb and forefinger and slides it up my stomach.

I realize he's trying to investigate the damage, and nothing more. But my subconscience reminds me about my body's state and I quickly retaliate pulling the shirt down.

I roll onto my side, back facing Harry and a tear rolls down my cheek. I bury my face into my pillow and pray, pray he didn't see anything.

"I'm not going to push you," he begins.

I close my eyes before deciding what to do.

After all, every decision I've made in this house has had a major effect on my life.

"I'm just not up close and personal with everyone, so don't take it the wrong way." I explain. "I'll be fine once I get up and walk around."

"Do you want something to eat?"

"I'm not really hungry."

He looks at me, a serious gaze paralyzing my movements.

"You're eating something."

"I just don't have an appetite right now.." I try to argue.

"Unless you want to die, you're eating some god damn food, Ella."

Serious and angry Harry was starting to return. I quickly nod in agreement, no strength left in me to try and argue any further.

"It's not good if you can see your-." He stops just as quickly as he started, and clamps his mouth shut.

"See my what?" Did he look at me when I wasn't awake?

All the possibilities flood my head. "Don't keep things from me." I tell him.

"It's not healthy if your bones mark through your skin." He admits.

He looked. He saw me. Has everything been a lie?

I thought I trusted him, instead he inspects me like I'm a crime scene.

I don't even want to breathe the same air as him right now.

I purposely shove the covers as far away from me as possible and attempt to stand.

Harry lays watching my every painful move with careful eyes. His eyes are soft, fully green now.

I feel like I've been shot in the stomach.

---

A/N: ew school tomorrow