Chapter 28

I make my way into the kitchen and grab an apple off the counter.

Harry sits next to me and watches me bite into the apple. His expression holds a warm glow.

"Are you alright?" I wave my free hand in front of his face and he blinks.

"Yeah." He's totally lying.

As Niall woke up I laughed and smiled uncontrollably. I glanced Harry, his face holding a slight frown as he watched me.

"Are you mad at me?"

"How could I be mad at you?" A small smile forms on his lips.

"I don't like Niall like that, okay." I say what I know is really bothering him. "He's my friend, Harry."

He breathes out, having some relief I assume.

"Your just not that happy with me." He admits.

It's true.

He could be so nice and caring, but I'd also felt his dark side.

I guess he just needed polishing up.

"Harry," I begin to explain myself, "it's not like that. You're just different than him, you know?"

I can see the anger boiling inside him as he stares me down.

"Don't hurt me." I shield myself with my hands.

"Are you scared of me?" He backs down. "That's why you're not happy with me like you are around Niall?"

"Um.." I swallow. "You can be pretty scary at times. Like when-." I decide to stop myself from reminding him of his actions. I'm glad when he doesn't push me to continue.

"I'm sorry." He wraps his arms around the girl who he had broken from the inside out.

He just happened to be the only one who could fix her, too.

---

A/N: day with the bæ today so idk if I'll be posting but ilysm stay beautiful