Chapter 15: Gone

Touka yelled from under the covers without hesitation scaring Kaneki a little. 

"Get the hell out!" 

"I have a message for Kaneki and he wasn't in his room" 

"You could at least knock!" 

"I did! but apparently you're too busy to answer. I guess I see why now hehe" 

Touka showed her angry face from under the covers. 

"So you just enter!?! What's the damn message" 

"He wants to see Kaneki in his office, he has some questions for him. Let him know if you see him" Nishiki winked.

"I'll let him know if i do" Touka gritted her teeth

"Hehe yeah OK, also let him know he's a stupid kid that makes terrible coffee" 

Kaneki growled from under the covers and Touka elbowed him. Nishiki winked at her again and she shot him a death glare suggesting "not to say anything about what he saw if he values his life". Nishiki seemed to have gotten her message and finally left the room. As soon as he did, Kaneki escaped from under the covers standing up. 

"What does he mean by that!? My coffee's good right?" 

"He didn't mean it Ken" She sighed. 

His heart nearly burst in love hearing her say his first name again; it was going to take awhile to get used to. 

"Yeah I know. He knew I was here though" 

"Well I certainly hope so, but it was more fun to pretend you weren't haha" Her eyes laughed at him. He felt a strong urge to pounce on her and continue where they left off before the rude interruption, but thought the better of it. The mood was gone and he had things to. 

"Well I should probably go back to my room, clean up for the day then go see the manager" 

"Oh, OK" he sensed a hint of disappointment in her voice, but shook away the thought. 

"I'm taking Hinami to the mall later you wanna come?" 

"I would, but I have plans with Yoriko" 

"Alright, don't eat too much of her food, I don't like how you make yourself sick" 

"Alright" She loved how he cared. He went towards her on the bed and landed a small kiss on her lips. 

"I'll see you later, little rabbit" "

Careful or I'll make it so you'll have to wear an eye patch again, this time for different reasons" He responded by landing a second kiss her showing cheek. She went to throw a playful jab but he scurried out of the room. 

"So cheesy, what am I going to do with you?"

After showering and changing, Kaneki headed towards the manager's office. The door was open. 

"Come in Kaneki, would you like some tea?" 

"Sure" Yoshimura poured him some and sat across. 

"So how are things going with Touka?" 

"Really well I think! We make each other happy" 

"That's great, being a ghoul isn't always easy Kaneki so always enjoy the special moments with loved ones" 

Kaneki noticed he seemed bothered. 

"Sir?" 

"Kaneki... how much do you know about Aogiri?"