Chapter 7: Unravel

//Credit to Animenz for the arrangement and to Youtuber, Marioverehrer for the video, check out others on their channel.

Inside the door, they heard music. It sounded like a piano. Kaneki knocked and the music stopped. 

"Come in" He heard a voice say. He entered to see Hinami and Kaya sitting at a Piano bench. They both jumped up with Hinami charging towards him tackling him in a hug. 

"Kaneki Onii-Chan you're awake! Hahaha"

He embraced her as Kaya came over to see him. Touka stood in the doorway as Kaya gave him a hug 

"It's great to see you Kaneki. How are you feeling?" 

"Like I've been out cold for three weeks haha" She smiled. 

"Thank you for saving me, I owe you big. I would have been a goner had you not found me. 

"Don't mention it. Anything for family" 

"Well regardless thank you" She smiled warmly. 

Kaneki turned his attention towards the piano. "When did you get a piano Hinami?" 

"Manager gave it to me! It was just sitting in storage so I asked if I could take it in my room. Everybody helped bring it up haha" 

Kaya took over. 

"I've been learning to play myself so I thought I'd work with Hinami to get her started, neither of us are very good right now, but we're learning haha" Kaneki was still staring at the piano excitedly. 

"I can play piano" 

"You can?" Touka was in the room now with an eyebrow raised. 

"Yup was one of my favourite pastimes, besides reading of course" 

Touka rolled her eyes as she smiled. She liked seeing this old excited Kaneki, a happy Kaneki. He made his way over to the bench and sat down feeling his fingers upon the keys. Hinami sat beside him on the bench as Kaya stood behind. Touka grabbed a cup of coffee and lazily sat on the couch. 

He hit some of the keys lightly getting a sense of the sound. Kaya made her way to the couch with Touka and Hinami looked at him. 

"Sorry it's been awhile haha" 

"Can you play a song when you're ready Onii-Chan?" 

"I'm ready, this song's called "Unravel" by Japanese artist, Toru Kitajima" He started to play (Play video). As he played the beautiful melody, everybody sat shocked at just how amazing he was. His fingers moved unrealistically fast and smoothly around the keys, a true hidden expert in the art. Touka sat wide-eyed, she couldn't believe his skill.

"You're amazing Kaneki!" Hinami exclaimed, but he was too wrapped up in playing to hear. Finally, he finished and they all applauded. 

Kaya came over "I'm blown away" 

Hinami was in another world. 

Touka then spoke from the couch. 

"That was amazing Kaneki. How did you get so good?" She lightly blushed. 

"I didn't have much to do as a kid, I used my dad's piano, my mom taught me when I was growing up." 

Touka noticed his voice trail off near the end so she quickly continued. 

"Well you're incredible" 

Kaneki looked at her and blushed. 

"I'm OK hehe" He looked satisfied with himself. 

"Hinami, Kaya, if you guys want I wouldn't mind teaching you. It might be fun" 

"Would you Onii-Chan! That would be awesome!" 

"Sure no problem haha" Being around Hinami reminded him of something he nearly forgot, his group. He stood up as the others looked at him. 

"Well I ummm I have to go for a bit, there's something I have to do" 

"What?" Touka glared at him. 

"Don't worry I'm coming back, I just need to go see Banjou... Tell him I'm alive and also that... I've decided to come back to Anteiku"

"You're staying at Anteiku!" Hinami yelled. 

"Really?" Kaya asked. 

"Yup I'll let the manager know later and get out the old uniform if he still has it that is" 

Hinami gave him another big hug. 

"That's great, things will be like they used to be!" 

"I hope haha" He let her go and made his way towards the door. Touka intervened again. 

"You can't go out like that" she stated pointing to his hair. 

"What if you get recognised? What if there are doves?" 

"Touka I'll wear a hood, I'm going right there and right back I promise. We'll take care of my hair later" 

She sighed. 

"Be careful" 

"I will don't worry" 

He left the room as Hinami and Kaya smiled deviously at her. 

"Wha-what? It's stupid of him to go out like this given his situation" 

They continued smiling.

"Bah shut up" She flushed as she left the room.