Falling Apart (Luke Hemmings)

Hi! So I hope you like the story. It's my first fanfic so yeah. Anyway enjoy!
______________

ARAINA'S POV:

I walked down the sidewalk with my normal black sweatpants and my zip-up gray sweater. My black converse are now a little small and hard to walk in, but I can't get over them. Titia, my danish best friend is walking next to me. We walk towards McDonalds to eat something on our junk food day.

"Wow, after two weeks of no junk food, I feel like I am walking towards heaven," Titia exclaims.

"Yeah, but remember we agreed to split one," I remind her.

We both laugh and I suddenly get a text. I take out my phone.

Its my mom.

'Don't forget to buy tomato sauce on your way back'

As I am about to lock my phone and put it back I suddenly bump into someone.

My bag falls to the ground. My make-up bag and some other things I had in it spill out.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," a boy's voice says. Without looking up I bend down to pick my things and put them in my bag. He bends down with me to help. He hands me some things and I put them back in my bag. We both stand up at the same time and my eyes drift to his face.

He looks asian but not completely. About 17. His hair is dark black. No piercings or anything. Not the very attractive or hot type but the cute type.

"Sorry it was my fault, I was looking down at my phone and didn't see you coming," I explain as I put my bag on my shoulder again.

"Calum, hurry we're gonna be late," someone calls from behind him. So his name is Calum. Calum turns around.
"Wait," he turns back to me,"um mind saving my number?"

I am just about to say no thanks when I realize he is looking at Titia.
"Hahah no thanks," Titia laughs firmly.

He shrugs and laughs and walks off to his friend and they walk down the park together.
We get to McDonalds and quickly order.

"I am seriously dying of hunger," I exclaim.

"Yeah me too," Titia says.

"We should have ordered two," I say.

"Um, Araina," Titia says gesturing towards the door.

Calum and his friend walk in and go toward the counter to order.

When they are done they come and sit behind us.

"Are you stalking us? Or are you here to eat something?" I say as I turn around.

"Obviously to eat something or maybe you're stalking us," Calum replies.

"Very funny," I say and turn back towards Titia. A second later they are at our table.

"Mind if we join?" Calum asks.

I start to shake my head but Titia already gestures them to sit.

"Calum," Calum says reaching out to shake Titia's hand. I already knew that.

"Titia," she introduces.

What I really wanted to know was his friends name. Then Calum extends his hand to me.

"Araina," I reply shaking his.

"And this is Luke," Calum says.

Luke shakes my hand and Titia's. So that's his name. Luke.

"No but seriously, why'd you follow us?" I ask.

None of them reply but instead Calum just looks at Luke and laughs.

Luke gives him a warning sign with his eyes and my question never gets answered. We sit a couple seconds in silence before my eyes shift to Luke and his eyes to mine. He has blue eyes with blonde hair in a quiff. His lip piercing makes him even hotter. I usually hate piercings on boys but this one is different.

We stare at each other a little to long and notice it at the same time. We both cut off the glance. The waitress calls out our number at the same time and Calum gets up to get both of our foods. When he comes back he looks confused.

"Why'd you order only one?" He asks sitting down.

"Diet," Titia replies.

We split the hamburger in half and start to eat. I barely eat half of the half burger before I stop eating. I realize Calum is already 3/4 of the way done with is hamburger and Luke is almost halfway. I put it aside and drink a little bit from my soda. I hate eating in front of boys. I feel like it's such a turnoff for them.

I eat the rest of the hamburger just cause I am dying of hunger.
"So what school do you go to?" I ask confidently. I am sure they are not in college, they look like seniors.

"I dropped out of high," Calum explains. I look at Luke.

"Westfield," he replies.

He comes from my rival soccer team.

"You're going to be seniors this year right?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, and you?" I reply.
He nods. Same age.

"Wouldn't mind hanging out with us a bit more?" Calum asks.

Titia smiles as a yes. We get up and walk out McDonalds. We walk along the sidewalk with Titia and Calum taking the lead and talking their heads off.

Meanwhile me and Luke are right behind them but we're not talking. We are both working on our phones.
I look up at him every few minutes but I try to stop.

"So do you do any sports?" Luke asks finally breaking the silence. We are walking towards the beach.

"Yeah, soccer. You?" I ask.
"Same," he says with a smile.
So he plays soccer too.

"Instruments?" I ask trying to continue the conversation. Calum and Titia are still talking about some cool French restaurant.

"Yeah guitar, you don't look like you play an instrument," he replies.

A guitarist that plays soccer.

"Ha! How'd you know?" I reply.

"Well, insticts?" He answers with a smirk. I shake my head.

"Good instincts Luke," I tell him. Luke. It has a nice ring to it ya know? Luke.

"Ever tried?" He questions.

"What?" I ask back.

"Instruments?" He questions again..

"Oh that! Yeah, I really would love to, but I barely have any time. I mean if I sign up, I'll have to make my schedule fit with it and my schedule's always changing. We have random soccer meets, so I can't," I reply.

"I could teach you a bit. I mean if you really want to learn," he replies.

"Thanks, that would be great," I reply smiling.

"Any other hobbies?" He asks.

"Swimming, but just for fun. Not for competitions or anything," I reply.

"Yeah, I like swimming," he says.

"Are you in a band? Or do you just play guitar for fun?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm in a band with Calum and two others," he replies.

"What's your band name?" I ask.

"Five Seconds of Summer," he replies.

"You have a pen?" He asks.

I take the pen out of my bag and hand it to him. Luke takes an old piece of paper from his pocket and scribbles something on it.

"Call me?" He asks.

I put the number in my bag as an agreement and smile. I thought he'd never ask.
____________

A/N:

Please keep on reading❤️
Comment & Vote:)