Chapter 12

Araina's POV:

"Hi!" I say as I approach them.

"Araina!" Titia says hugging me.

When I pull away from the hug, I hug Calum, although this is probably the second time I have seen him.
When I pull away from his hug I give a quick hug to Luke.

"Well that game didn't go too well did it?" Titia asks disappointed.

"Yeah, we were hoping for a three zero but instead we got a tie," I say.

"It was cause of number 10. She didn't pass the ball enough. She kept on wanting to make a goal herself," Luke says.

"Yup, that would be the team captain. Bailee," I say.

"So let's go," Calum says.

"Where?" me and Luke question at the same time.

"To eat something," Calum replies.

"Alright, let me tell my parents. I'll be back in a moment," I say.
I walk towards my parents again.

"They want to go to eat. Can I go with them?" I ask putting my soccer bag in the car.

"Alright than. Have fun," my dad says before my mom can protest how she made food and everything.

Calum and Titia get into a black Ford, which assuming is Calum's.

I have to get into Luke's car.

I hesitate. It's so hard for me.

I keep on thinking that he is way out of my league, and that he is just playing with me. I keep on thinking that he will leave me like my past boyfriend. I press the thoughts hard into the back of my mind. Even the thought of him makes me angry.

I follow Luke to his car and he starts driving behind Calum.

"You played really well though," Luke says turning into the highway.

"Thanks," I reply.

I need Luke. I know that he is the only one that can make me forget my heartbreak. If I don't risk again, I'll never know.

One of his hands is on the steering wheel. The other is located on the stick shift. I slowly put one of my hands on the one on the stick shift.

He lets go of the stick shift and without looking our hands entwine.

None of us talk, but to me, this silence is the most peaceful thing that has happened to me.

His hands are warm, and comforting.

When we get into the restaurant I realize that the others in their band are also there. With a couple other people, probably their friends.

We get introduced to them, and the only thing which I can think of is that I am grateful that I took a shower after the game.

We talk and order some food.
I get to know them more, and the girls explain to me about how their band was created. They get to an interesting point.

"So they technically got introduced to the world by One Direction," Caitlin says.

"One Direction?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah...They saw our youtube videos and invited us to to join them on their tour," Michael replies.

"Wow, you must have been pretty lucky," Titia says.

"Well the talent kicked in," Calum says.
We all laugh as our food is served.

"Luke? Did you tell Araina about next week?" Sarah asks.

"No, I forgot," Luke replies.

"Well, since Luke hasn't told you, I'll tell you myself. It's my birthday eighteenth birthday next week and I wanted to invite you. Titia, Calum told you right?" Sarah says.
Titia nods her head.

"Thanks, I'd be glad to come," I reply.

_________________

(A/N) heheh little mentions of One Direction. Love you! Comment and vote!