Chapter 30

"Five drinks, up and away Araina," he says.

"Seriously Calum? The last drink you took is really kicking in," I say.

"Oh yeah. Completely," he says and stands up and goes towards the counter.
He comes back with five drinks in hand.

"You're drinking these," he says.

Everyone starts screaming and whistling.

"Calum no way!" I almost scream.

"Yes way," he says and sets the drinks down in front of me.

"Come on Araina, you can't stay sober forever!" Rick points out.

"No, I am not drinking. Get over it," I say.

"Chickening out so fast?" Dylan (this annoying friend of Michael) says.

"Ugh! I can't. I don't want to wake up with a hangover in my first soccer meet practice as team captain!" I exclaim.

"Team Captain?" Parker asks.

"Maybe, we'll see for sure tomorrow," I sigh.

"Well well. We have Oakland's soccer team captain here, what an honor," Rick says holding up his drink.

I roll my eyes.

"Well the dare was given so you either chicken out or do it," Michael says.

"I'll chicken out thank you very much," I say and hand the drinks back.

"I would die to see drunk Araina," Calum says laughing.

"Calum!" I warn.

"Okay, my turn," Ash says.

"Ash's dares are the best," Michael says.

Oh yeah we'll see, hahaha.

"I dare Michael to kiss Caitlin," he says.
Finally. Michael's eyes widen and Caitlin starts blushing.

"Yes!" Rick shouts.

"So Michael are you going to chicken out like Araina?" Dylan says.

"Shut up Dylan," Luke speaks up noticing that I really want to punch Dylan in the face.

"I'll do it," Michael says.

Yes! Finally!

"That is if Caitlin is okay," Michael says.

He's so cute, and I feel so evil for setting this up.

"Yeah yeah," Caitlin says laughing.

They're not taking this seriously.

This is the cutest scene ever! Caitlin pushes her hair back and waits for Michael. He pulls her into a very short kiss.

"Michael and Caitlin sitting on a couch, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Calum sings very quickly.

"Stop being so retarded and sit down," Parker says.

Michael and Caitlin both laugh it off. Okay so the plan didn't go as well as I thought it would.

"Well that worked out well didn't it Araina," Calum leans in and whispers.

He is sooooooo annoying when he is drunk.

I stand up and go to get a cup of water. I should be at home and sleep, I have a soccer meet tomorrow and I'm at a party.

I feel two hands wrap themselves around my waist.

I put the glass down.

"You tired?" He asks in that low mumbly voice of his.

"A bit," I reply.

"Do you wanna go home?" He whispers in my ear making my ear tickle.

"Yeah," I reply.

He turns me around and gives me a kiss.

"Okay, let's go," I say.

He drops me off at my house. Everyone is sleeping and I have to go upstairs very quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE NEXT MORNING

I quickly pack my soccer stuff and run downstairs. No one is up yet, since its a Saturday. I pour some cereal into a bowl and pour milk onto it.

I'm out of the door and in my car driving towards the soccer stadium before I know it.

I get out of my car and walk towards the field.

"Hi coach!" I say as I walk into the field.

"Araina!" He replies as he waves.

I run up towards him and sit next to him on the bench. What I know of coach I know that he will certainly take a test from me.

"Alright than, I just want you to know that I have three other people in mind for being captain, so they will come too. I am going to take a test from all of you, than decide. Warm up," he explains.

I nod my head and start running around the field.

As I finish my ten laps I see two girls walk into the stadium.

Molly and Ashley. Great, I have to compete with my friends. I run up to them and say hello. They start warming up, and I walk up to coach.

"I'm ready," I say.

He nods and starts explaining the things I need to do.

Well here goes my last try to be captain and get a chance for Stanford.