Chapter 8

Luke's POV:

"Good, did they set up everything?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Yeah. Since it's our first concert after weeks we are going to review the songs. Anyway, were you surprised?" He asks.

"Okay, where are the others?" I ask.

"Backstage," he replies.

I start walking towards backstage.

When I reach there I see Calum and Ashton sitting on a couch and reviewing the songs.

"Hey," I say taking one of the papers to review.

"Hey," they both reply at the same time. I look over the papers, but I can't concentrate. I keep thinking of her. Her light sea green eyes. Her brunette hair.

The way she smiles when she is shy.

I suddenly get a text.

'Don't worry, I would never forget ;)'
Its from Araina. I start smiling at the text and stare at it for a couple minutes. Should I reply?

"Luke? Ashton to Luke! Which planet are you in mate?" I suddenly hear Ashton calling.

"What?" I ask looking up from the paper.

"I was asking you, if you are mad at me for yesterday," he replies.

"No concentration. Sudden smiles. Staring at texts for too long. Yup, he's in love," Calum says.

"Definitely," Ashton replies.
They give each other a high five and crack up laughing.

I try to concentrate on replying to her.
'See you, btw at the door just say your my guest and they'll let you in,'
I send it.

She doesn't reply. I put my phone back in my pocket and continue reviewing the songs.

"I didn't know love would come along with the talent of ignoring your own friends," Calum comments.

"It doesn't. And for your information, I'm not in love," I say standing up and walking out of the room to get my guitar.

I start playing some of the songs just to remember. I haven't played some songs in a long time so I start playing.
It's not long before we are called to take some pictures.

We stand in the poses they give us and they take their pics.

Then we get called for lunch.

They give us hamburgers and cheeseburgers.

I barely eat. Yes you could say I was in a very bad state of being nervous.

They let us go and have some free time. I choose to go and meet some fans outside. We usually are not allowed, but they came all this way to see us. Michael agrees with me and comes.
The sound of screaming girls hits me as soon as the door opens. We walk down and sign as many autographs and take as many pictures as we can.

It takes about an hour of our time but its worth it. I love our fans.

I walk out of the place where the fans are staying and go backstage.
I look at my watch, only an hour left till the concert.

I go and get my guitar, and sitting on the couch I play it.

This time though, it's a bit different. I am playing from the bottom of my heart. I am playing 'Heart Break Girl' and I know exactly why. I don't want her to friend zone me.

I don't want her to think of me as just a friend because I don't think of her in that way.

"Luke, it's almost concert time!" Rex calls. I get up and go out to the preparing area.

They give us some microphones and stuff to us. Me and Michael stand behind the right side of the stage and Calum and Ashton on the other side.

We run in with our first song,
'Try Hard'

As soon as we get on the stage, the screaming and shouting starts.
My eyes scan the front row for her.

_______________

(A/N) bit of a cliffhanger? Lol sorry! Love you all!!